Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bunch of them in a staging lot in Detroit.

Yes look WAY better in person... much more GC then I thought.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Bunch of them in a staging lot in Detroit!? You can't be talking about the one across from JNAP because I saw NOTHING yesterday! (Unless they JUST got there today...)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hmm, in that picture, the front overhang doesn't look so bad. The whole vehicle looks better out in the open. Really... hmm...

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought it was Red, And yes the front overhand was shorter and the nose more Square than I had envisioned from the pictures.

The Lot was on South End before Detroit proper on the East side of 75. There were 200s, GCs, some Avengers, and about 2 rows maybe 50 cars deep of Cherokee. It was to far to get a Cell Phone snap shot. I was quite surprised to see them but the distinctive thing running lights were a obvious feature to catch.

I got to be honest it is much more Escape'ish then I imagined. But instantly Jeep. Maybe that was the plan.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I now several dealers chomping to have them on the lot, despite the looks.

I really want to see it in person myself.

Mike

Reactions: Bill Sample

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave said:
Nowhere near as ugly as Escape or "any Nissan."
I have to agree.... it was much more Jeep-ish then conveys in photos

Escape was what it leaned toward if I was to pick a vehicle outside the company that it favors from the front.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's a looker for sure. The Trailhawk looks better than the other trims because of the bumper's higher wrap around the middle lights.

Can't wait to take one for a spin.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Note that the model pictured is a Trailhawk - which has a different front fascia from the standard Cherokees.
It does appear to be a Trailhawk, because of the Trail Rated badge and tow hooks, however that front facia and air dam is not the Trailhawk nose shown in earlier photos.
Makes me wonder if in fact they have reworked the front a bit, or if the 3/4 photo shot changes the perspective?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nickman said:
It's a looker for sure. The Trailhawk looks better than the other trims because of the bumper's higher wrap around the middle lights.

Can't wait to take one for a spin.
They are all over that I75 corridor between Detroit and Toledo....

Have you go to see one in person also.

It hard to convey just how much more square the front looks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'd never claim expertise, but it sure looks like the same vehicle to me. What differences are you seeing, Norm? Maybe I didn't catch them....or maybe it just looks better in black?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guarantee you that one pictured is a Trailhawk version: ride height (check), different bumper (check), tow hooks (check).

Yea, the Cherokees are running all around Ann Arbor and Metro-Detroit; I usually see one each morning on my commute down M-14. All of them have been black.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Looks the same to me.

suzq044 said:
from facebook; is this what you're talking about?

·
3,813 Posts
Having now seen it in person, it is a good looking vehicle and I expect it to sell REALLY well... but then I thought the Dart would do well as well.. then they screwed the pooch on the launch and packaging etc.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JRS200x said:
Having now seen it in person, it is a good looking vehicle and I expect it to sell REALLY well... but then I thought the Dart would do well as well.. then they screwed the pooch on the launch and packaging etc.
I think the Dart will eventually sell well, they couldn't wait til the 9-spd was available given the regulatory deal with the Fed. I expect that to make a big difference.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
You mean screw up the launch as in advertise the heck out of a particular model/options and only have another actually at the lots? Yeah, it doesn't look good. Lots of pics of the Trailhawk and rumors of FWD only Cherokees at launch.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts