Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This new LE version is offered to European Jeep enthusiasts. It sports black details and new 18" wheels. European customers can choose between two engine/transmission configurations:
1. 2.2L TurboDiesel engine developing 136HP and 320Nm of torque, coupled to a "Freedom Drive I" all-wheel drive system and a 6 gear manual transmission.
2. 2.2L TurboDiesel, 136HP and a 6 gear manual transmission, FWD only.
RSP in Europe is 30K Euros.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
To be honest, the Compass has evolved into a good looking car. Maybe that diesel or something similar will eventually make it to the States?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
As good looking as it is, Patriot is still outselling it here in the US - and I think likely because Compass starts at just under $20K, where Patriot starts just under $16K.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
As good looking as it is, Patriot is still outselling it here in the US - and I think likely because Compass starts at just under $20K, where Patriot starts just under $16K.
Wow, you're right. Same mileage of 23/30 for each! Now I hope the Compass successor (next gen) looks much better than the current one.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
30,000 Euros = $40,000

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Wow. I know the direct conversion of Euro to USD means little in actual sell price - but 30000 euros still seems very expensive for what you are getting.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Wow. I know the direct conversion of Euro to USD means little in actual sell price - but 30000 euros still seems very expensive for what you are getting.
I would agree. That is really quite expensive.

·
Administrator
35,278 Posts
Diesels are expensive. Does that price also include VAT, which is now around 22% (an average across the EU)?

[Side note: VAT is the way health insurance gets paid. It has been going up and payroll taxes have been going down as EU countries compete to get more jobs, according to my quick glance of the literature.]

·
Registered
28 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
[Side note: VAT is the way health insurance gets paid. It has been going up and payroll taxes have been going down as EU countries compete to get more jobs, according to my quick glance of the literature.]
Everything is going up, payroll taxes too...

·
Registered
491 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Diesels are expensive. Does that price also include VAT, which is now around 22% (an average across the EU)?

According to The Truth About Cars, VAT is included in the car's price.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/01/the-truth-about-european-car-prices-discounts-up-to-42/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts