Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The ultra tiny vents suggests only owning this in mild climates. I can't see how enough cool or warm air can get through those vents unless the blower motor is running extremely fast. Which would result in a lot of noise.
Lol I think you will find that it meets FCA's standards for heating and cooling capacity/time.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
Lol I think you will find that it meets FCA's standards for heating and cooling capacity/time.
I’m fine with their heat and A/C standards. Their defroster standards leave something to be desired on some vehicles.

Reactions: thebluegoat

·
Registered
444 Posts
Horrible looking tablet. :( At least they kept dials below. Also the exterior refresh is pretty much the same. Expect sales to continue to decline as the competition gains more ground.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hoping the piano black and giant screen is for China market only.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is impressive. An amazing transformation of the interior. This blows the new Tuscan interior out of the water.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I like that they stuck with a traditional shifter. Screen is too big for my liking...

·
Registered
19 Posts
i agree with the comments on the tablets
they look horrible and an afterthought
why not keep it in the dash or do something like the new s class or Hyundai Tucson?
The "tablet" style infotainment screen allows the designers to do a lot more with the rest of the IP
agreed, they shouldn’t use glossy plastic.
Im on the fence about piano black surfaces. It looks great....when clean. This surface treatment should be applied only to surfaces where the driver is LEAST likely to touch it. But, again, when clean, it looks amazing.
I would actually have preferred to see them do what they did in the previous compass and in the Renegade and use color thats keyed to the exterior, or something contrasting. Maybe in smaller doses, but I always liked my PT cruiser and Caliber and 500 Abarth with the color-keyed (matching) surfaces.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much longer can they keep this dud of an engine around?
if you look closely, the interior of the one compass is actually a PHEV. So, its likely using the 1.3l paired with electric motor(s).
I highly doubt they will continue using the 2.4 as the sole engine unless they thoroughly retune and refine it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Opposed to the majority of the comments here, I love the new interior. It's an amazing improvement over the current one. I expect this to strongly increase sales if they also update the engine range in the US.
agreed 100%
This isnt a simple once-over to change minor interior details. Its entirely new (though we can really see the seats). The front is very well executed on limited and Trailhawk models, but the rear is kind of sad. Wish they wouldve spent alittle cash back there. New taillights wouldve been sufficient. At least all models get full LED now

·
Jeepaholic
5,572 Posts
It’s not bad, I think it looks better than the current interior...but I felt that wasn’t bad either. I suppose one would have to see it in person to truly get a feel for it. The brown swath across the dash looks a little bizarre to me, perhaps against another color other than gray it might look better. The black interior with the gray swath across the dash looks better to my eyes. Subjective, for sure.

I don’t know if it would lead to more sales necessarily, but it certainly wont hurt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you look closely, the interior of the one compass is actually a PHEV. So, its likely using the 1.3l paired with electric motor(s).
I highly doubt they will continue using the 2.4 as the sole engine unless they thoroughly retune and refine it.
would be nice if they could package the turbo 4 from the Cherokee into the Compass

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I think it has to do with space in the dash plus cost, tbh, the screens I mean.

I think they should recede into the dash (or better: come off/out) if they're going to keep doing this after-thought look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The competition will be the Kia and Hyundai counterpart .. Sorento and Tucson. So hopefully there have been doing their homework as there is pretty high end work being done in the market from other companies.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
would be nice if they could package the turbo 4 from the Cherokee into the Compass
If you go back to the late 80s and the XJ, the sales were ok and the vehicle was considered pretty good. When did that change? When they shoehorned the 4 liter in it. Jeep needs the same thing here. Something to set it apart from all the ho hum CUVs. They do that with the Wrangler now and the Grand Cherokee, but they don't seem to want that with their other offerings. Other then being a bit better off road, nothing sets the Cherokee and Compass apart from the competition. And before someone says oh it costs money to test and certify engines, as soon as the Bronco threatened Wrangler, bam here's an engine that for years said could never be put in a Wrangler. Heck, it isn't even available in a Ram 1500, which it should be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not enough change on the outside, especially those hideous tail lights. Love the interior but that piano finish just killed it for me. I have a 2019 ram bighorn 1500 that I absolutely love. However, I refuse to live another day in an interior that looks filthy dusty even five min after you clean it. And in the sun I drive with a lint rag in one hand, I just can’t look at it. There is nothing more annoying than riding in a clean car and your eye continually focuses on that dust magnet piano finish crap. I tried for two years to search for a bezel to cover it but there isn’t any. Even the Pacifica utilizes the piano black and I’ve yet to step in one that isn’t dusty. Just a turn off. I was so looking forward to my next Ram, but if they use that piano finish again, I for sure will not lease another. Yes for me it was THAT annoying. Every day !

·
Registered
82 Posts
I liked the previous Compass except for the HP. Sorry, 180hp isn't cutting it for me. This vehicle needs at least 225hp for me to even think about it. The Cherokee with 270hp is good for that size vehicle, but I can't get past the long hood. I like the new Compass, but if it is still below 200HP, I feel it's not for me. I don't need a HEMI or Hellcat, but I'd like a vehicle that can get out of it's own way. Hell, my wife's CR-V has 190hp but I still feel it's not enough. I guess all my 300s spoiled me.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts