1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Just read a article where the VW, Porsche, and MB diesels were compared to the New GC, and guess who won....

Yeap!!!

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Damn that thing is ugly...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have the article but Motor trend did a test of the Jeep GC vs VW Toureg and they couldn't stop saying how great the jeep was. You can find the video test on motortrends YouTube page

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
guyver[this word has been banned due to its use as a pointless flame tool said:
y]

Can you find that article again and post it?
My father in law gives me his magazines because he cannot throw them away. I will look in the trash about which publication it was.
July Motor Trend

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Yay!

Of course it helps that 4Runner has take Juke's crown as "ugliest vehicle on America's roads."

Shouldn't that chrome bumper move up and down as it eats road bugs?
Ok that thing makes the 2014 Cherokee look good. What happened to the 4Runner it used to be such a good SUV.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
RVC said:
Damn that thing is ugly...
Now don't get me wrong but I think it ugly also, but if you add all the SUVs that this group thinks is Ugly one might get the impression that the greater population has very different tastes.

2014 GC is very attractive in person... but yeah the Toyota yuck

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The effort they have put into the Grand Cherokee has not carried over very well to the other vehicles. I'm not going to get into a holy war over that position, but Chrysler needs to step up their game quite a bit. The only rock stars IMO are the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and Ram. Everything else just seems stale. Sorry. However, we don't know how the public is going to react to the Durango and Cherokee, these are possible winners. Dart needs to go back to the gym, quickly. L-Car needs a major overhaul, like right now. The Journey is out in the twilight zone, 200 replacement needs to be here yesterday and the minivan should have happened last week. Chrysler needs to panic, get off your butt now. They have got a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Well go help them develop the 2.4L, 3.2L new and A/4WD Systems so we can get the New Products on the road.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I lean Grand Cherokee (but of course). I didn't even realize the 4Runner was still being made till 6-7 weeks ago when I happened to pass a late-model one on I-29 north of Grand Forks.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
TripleT said:
Now don't get me wrong but I think it ugly also, but if you add all the SUVs that this group thinks is Ugly one might get the impression that the greater population has very different tastes.

2014 GC is very attractive in person... but yeah the Toyota yuck
Yeah I understand what you're saying....but that thing is still ugly :D

All kidding aside, I've owned two series of 4-runner, but when the "new" 4-runner came out (the bigger, more expensive one, basically made for US consumption) I really couldn't deal with the idea and so I switched to the Fortuner, which is basically what the 4-runner used to be. It's a good vehicle for LatAm, except for the first minutes after you fire up the engine; that thing makes a racket like there's a maracas band under the hood. Pipes down quickly enough though, and then it's all good.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
dakrt99 said:
The effort they have put into the Grand Cherokee has not carried over very well to the other vehicles. I'm not going to get into a holy war over that position, but Chrysler needs to step up their game quite a bit. The only rock stars IMO are the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and Ram. Everything else just seems stale. Sorry. However, we don't know how the public is going to react to the Durango and Cherokee, these are possible winners. Dart needs to go back to the gym, quickly. L-Car needs a major overhaul, like right now. The Journey is out in the twilight zone, 200 replacement needs to be here yesterday and the minivan should have happened last week. Chrysler needs to panic, get off your butt now. They have got a lot of work to do.
To reuse a running Joke on another unrelated forum.

Domed, the company is Domed.

Despite the 11% sales jump

Patients

·
Registered
647 Posts
Dakrt; I agree with you 110%...ok 100%. I mentioned before Cyrc has put a very good effort into the Ram/GC, which needs to spill over into their stale products.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
What is really new at Chrysler?

Dart... which had a lot of baggage.

Cherokee... which nobody has driven yet except under embargo.

Ram, big Ram, Grand Cherokee, Durango are the all new crowd.

LX cars were redesigned with great reviews, but there were still many constraints in that redesign. Ditto 200/Avenger.

Journey and minivans weren't redesigned so much as refreshed.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts