Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,560 Posts
Strange he can't sue the boss but has to sue the owner of the vehicle. Horrible situation either way.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Nice thing about the Daily Mail is that they put almost the whole story right in the headline lol

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
But then the rest of the story is scattered among oversized photos... I'm really surprised since there are so many ways they could have totally screwed this up instead of fixing it.
Yes the oversized pictures are annoying.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Like push power mowers that shut off when you let go of the handle because years ago either Popular Science or Popular Mechanics had an article on using your rotary mower as a hedge trimmer.

You built a track to roll the mower along while standing on the side opposite the chute. Instructions stated to place the mower on the track and start it. Shortly after this time Craftsman introduced their "vertical pull" starter. Some budding Darwin award contestant found he couldn't start his Craftsman mower sitting on the track. He started it on the ground and reached under both ends to lift it, already running to place it on the frame.

His lawyer manged to find enough jurors to win a substantial settlement against Sears and we now have "stupid proof" power mowers.

I wonder what new and inane regulations will come from this one?
What in the world is wrong with humans.

Next they're gonna say not to drink antifreeze in car manuals because it looks like Kool aid.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Why not just use the proper tool for it? Like, ya know, a hedge trimmer. Jeez Louize.

Indeed. I knew something was wrong when the warning "Caution Beverage may be hot." label was put on disposable cups after the McDonald's lawsuit years ago. I mean, when ordering a hot beverage wouldn't you expect it to be hot?

It's utterly amazing how stupid, ignorant or idiotic some people are. It's a wonder the human race has lasted as long as it has. Surprised we haven't killed ourselves off by stupidity or war.

Actually, it's the dealer's insurance that will have to pay out. He'll probably end up with higher premiums though. I could be wrong - I'm not sure how that works.
The movie Idiocracy comes to mind lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts