Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
This is a state industrial accident issue for sure. There will be money coming from them to the deceased family but not that much. The lawyer should get an "A" for creativity and a stern rebuke from the judge for using it. The owner should get ALL COSTS reimbursed and some extra for being brought to court falsely (IMO).

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Why not just use the proper tool for it? Like, ya know, a hedge trimmer. Jeez Louize.

Indeed. I knew something was wrong when the warning "Caution Beverage may be hot." label was put on disposable cups after the McDonald's lawsuit years ago. I mean, when ordering a hot beverage wouldn't you expect it to be hot?

It's utterly amazing how stupid, ignorant or idiotic some people are. It's a wonder the human race has lasted as long as it has. Surprised we haven't killed ourselves off by stupidity or war.

Actually, it's the dealer's insurance that will have to pay out. He'll probably end up with higher premiums though. I could be wrong - I'm not sure how that works.
The big issue is that some juries love to punish any company because they are "EVIL". My mom was on a jury once that got it right. Technically the company was wrong but only be a slim amount. They awarded $1.00 which was split by the lawyer and the client per their agreement. More awards like this for frivolous suits would make attorneys a litle more selective of clients. Please reward as per actual loss/injury.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
This story appeared last night on my local FOX affiliate news, and it appeared to be the same, abbreviated version, as in the original link posted.

But since there also appears to be a much fuller version of the entire story out there, in the DailyMail link, I'm curious why FOX would tell the compressed version, instead of the full story.

I always loved to hear Paul Harvey.....

".....the rest of the story....."
A news story is given so many seconds by the producer based on his/her feeling as to viewer interest and importance AND COMMERCIAL BREAKS NEEDED.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
So you think that in this case the dealership was innocent?
No! Dealer hired/allowed an unqualified employee. Do a task. In this case, L&I laws exempt employees family from suing the employer. I do not know what the L&I payment schedule is for loss of life but I do expect that it is not adequate. Dealer is the one that should be the defendant. In any case, this is a tragic event. Wish life was fair and equitable but we all know that it is sometimes unfair.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
You could do as CA has done on L&I. Manufacturer/dealer/renter IS AUTOMATICALLY AT FAULT for making a product that COULD BE USED INCORRECTLY. Operation in violation of instructions is a defence for the violator. Making it possible is manufacturers fault.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
Why name Jeep?

1) One of the few vehicles left with a manual transmission
2) One of a few vehicles that might not have a door on making it possible to start standing outside.
3) It was a Jeep.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,137 Posts
While I did not learn on a true manual (50 Chrysler w/M6), I was fully able to drive one by the time I received my license. With today's restrictions on them, they should be extremely hard to screw up that bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts