1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
37,846 Posts
There are already 14 models showing on the Wrangler page (not counting regular vs. Unlimited). What's another one?
1. Sport
2. Willys Sport
3. Sport S
4. Islander
5. Sport Altitude
6. RHD
7. Willys
8. Sahara
9. Freedom
10. 80th Anniversary
11. Sahara Altitude
12. Rubicon
13. High Altitude
14. Rubicon 4.92

Gladiator is a bit behind at only 10 models.
1. Sport
2. Willys Sport
3 Sport S
4. Willys
5. Overland
6. Freedom
7. 80th Anniversary
8. Rubicon
9. Mohave
10. High Altitude

There's only so many ways you can package the same equipment (with different decals) without it becoming way too confusing. But yet the Jeep forums are full of people who, despite the proliferation of models) still can't build a Wrangler the way they want with the options they want.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I officially believe all they can come up with is nostalgia play.
Norm said it years ago about Fiat only being able to do stickers packages and special editions without substance because refreshing the actual product costs too much.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Years ago each brand would have two or three packages or models, then in the spring they'd offer something special. That was then. I liked the Prospector packages on the trucks and Ramchargers. I guess it's kinda like that today with th Big Horn.

·
Super Moderator
37,846 Posts
I was today years old when I discovered that you can "spec" a RHD Wrangler.
Never noticed it before lol.
XJ Cherokee and Wrangler (as well as Subaru) have had the option over the years for rural mail carriers.
I don't recall it being prominently displayed among the models before.

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
418 Posts
XJ Cherokee and Wrangler (as well as Subaru) have had the option over the years for rural mail carriers.
That's what I'm saying! I go on sometimes to build whatever I feel like I'd buy as a billionaire (c'mon now, a guy can dream 😂 ) and I never saw RHD as an option.... until today haha

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I never understood why Jeep didn't offer RHD on Patriot for postal use. Boxy is good for capacity and utility but lots of rural routes don't need Wrangler level off road ability.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Bahaahaa! All those models of the Wrangler is a bit nuts, but I guess it’s better to have choices!
I love that Islander edition. It would be the one I’d pick. And that blue also. I’d only buy the Unlimited. 2 doors are no good to me.
Other than that model, the Sahara is my next choice because I want that auto 4wd (whatever Jeep calls that now?
I forget.)
I’m not a “Hard-core” Jeeper!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Look at any car brochure from the 1960s and prior, and this is what you'll see. The only difference is that back then, the selections were a-la-carte as @Milkman123 said. Modern-day "packages" are more cost-efficient for the manufacturer, so that is what we have. Is it confusing? Maybe? Although not more so than any other decision in which one is faced with a lot of possible options.

But I will never be one to complain about car customization options such as this. In my opinion, the lack of such options in recent decades has made cars altogether too homogenized and boring.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,950 Posts
I almost bought a 2010 Islander. It was a nice shade of blue. I'm sure the new one will find it's audience.

Reactions: MPE426HEMI

·
Jeepaholic
5,894 Posts
Having that many different models is a nightmare for someone like me who cannot make up their mind to save their life. :LOL:

When I bought my TJ, it was a choice between TJ, Sport and Sahara. And whether or not you wanted a stick or an automatic. That was about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts