Allpar Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I would speculate that this is why the Wrangler 4xe is coming sooner rather than later. Is there a concrete date other than "December"?

Reactions: HotCarNut

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wouldn't the Grand Cherokee 392 really be a killer then? Especially the next gen version.

Problem is, every one of these, they need to sell two Pacifica Hybrids...
Kinda, and its the best selling SRT (or at least it was) but it'll never be a low down muscle car. There is a reason they have "spring specials" on muscle and send any left overs to the auction in September as they fill the lot with SUV's. You truly need one of each. BUT a smal and very stylish C series RWD/AWD 392 SUV might fill the gap if its quick, depends how they market it.

·
Registered
13,674 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,836 Posts
Ouch, that's far worse gas mileage than I expected. And premium fuel too. That's why the 5.7 would have made a good intermediate step.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That's fuel mileage is precisely what I expected. At the point where you're spending this much on a Wrangler fuel economy is a distant concern. It's the same type of buyer as the AMG G63 but at a cheaper price point. Those get 13 city/15 highway/14 combined.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the MPG is not great but not bad for a V8 truck on good sized tires hell my 02 dakota on 32"s avg 16-17 winter/summer and thats a std cab and manual trans and the 4.7l

·
Super Moderator
37,836 Posts
Actually if you look at hp and tq that makes the 4xe the in between model with much better fuel economy to boot.
The problem is we only have the top level trim pricing for 4xe and it's way high. Of course so will be the 6.4.
Someday 4xe pricing might be more reasonable on a Sport S, hopefully.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The problem is we only have the tp level trim pricing for 4xe and it's way high. Of course so will be the 6.4.
Someday 4xe pricing might be more reasonable on a Sport S, hopefully.
I agree, Launch Editions tend to be pricy. Hopefully base, Sahara and Rubicon 4xe models will be less then either Launch Edition or 392. It will be interesting to see what the premium will be for the lesser trims.

·
Super Moderator
37,836 Posts
Here are the prices today, all 4 door Wranglers, no options added:
Sahara: $39,505 base, $48,240 4xe
Rubicon: $42,635 base, $51940 4xe.

I suppose they are relying on the customer getting the federal tax credit to take away some of that sting, but ouch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here are the prices today, all 4 door Wranglers, no options added:
Sahara: $39,505 base, $48,240 4xe
Rubicon: $42,635 base, $51940 4xe.

I suppose they are relying on the customer getting the federal tax credit to take away some of that sting, but ouch.
I suspect your correct on depending on federal tax credit, but from my understanding a base 4xe is coming soon based on Sport S.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
IMO, that fuel economy not as bad as I expected. That's better than my 5.9 Dakota R/T. Besides, you don't have to buy it, get the diesel.

·
Registered
13,674 Posts
So, we are now weeks away from first deliveries of the 392 Wrangler and no official pricing yet.

·
Super Moderator
37,836 Posts
So, we are now weeks away from first deliveries of the 392 Wrangler and no official pricing yet.
That seems pretty common practice nowadays. I know several people ordered EcoDiesel Gladiators before the pricing was known.

·
Registered
13,674 Posts
$73,695 Total BASE MSRP

Based on sources

161 - 176 of 176 Posts