Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

Starting pricing for the large three-row SUV ranges from roughly $87,000 to $104,000. A fully loaded model will top $111,000, according to Jeep.

The Grand Wagoneer will be the sibling to a less expensive vehicle called the Wagoneer, which will start at $57,995 when both SUVs go on sale later this year.

Full article here:

Jeep unveils long-awaited Grand Wagoneer SUV topping $111,000 (cnbc.com)

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
They swung for the fences and missed hard. A lot to be desired for the exterior and interior. In fact the interior took a step back from the concept. Quality of materials doesn’t look nearly as nice, looks more run of the mill now

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
At least the big Hemi is standard on the GW. Something I said it needed from the start. Now let's see how the price affects sales.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,671 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing these on every street corner. Escalades are going to litter the used car lots. Maybe even buy here pay here!

·
Super Moderator
37,863 Posts
Those buying the Grand Wagoneer will be paying cash.
Many will be leasing. The simple fact is if you use a vehicle, especially a more expensive one, for any business purpose leasing is better than buying (cash or finance) from a tax perspective.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,198 Posts
Many will be leasing. The simple fact is if you use a vehicle, especially a more expensive one, for any business purpose leasing is better than buying (cash or finance) from a tax perspective.
I suspect there are more leases of Mercedes (as a proportion) than Chevys.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It looks great to me. I hope it sells well. There is a market for these vehicles but they will have to steal customers away from other manufacturers. I would think that the Escalade is the primary competition.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Big disappointment, if GMC could do off road version for their big SUVs, why not Jeep!
Unfortunately, the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are not “Trail Rated”. Jeep explains that the reason is due to the size of the vehicle and that it does not meet the criteria for maneuverability to receive the brand’s iconic Trail Rated badge on its fender.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts