Allpar Forums banner

221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
I like the look of that Grey GW...though i have to ask...were they getting much attention? Doesn't look like it from your pictures...it looks like more people around the other established products..Ram pickup, Jeep Wrangler, Chally, .
The gray one is a Grand Cherokee L. But yeah, they were both getting a good amount of attention, especially the Wagoneer. I waited to take photos until there was an opportunity without many people.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm warming up a bit more to the GC, but still feel like the GW looks stodgy and the chrome makes it look like its wearing a roof cap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apologies for the repetition if the question has been asked already, but do we know when we might see the Wagoneer L/Grand Wagoneer L? I have four sons (6, 7, 9 and 13) involved with sports, and need the extra volume behind the third row.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yesterday in a strip mall parking lot I saw a Wagoneer in black and white camo. The grill was black so I assume it was the base model. I did not get a chance to look at the interior as someone was sitting in it.
I was totally underwhelmed with the very generic styling. There is nothing really special about it and it sure did not make me want to run and order one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yesterday in a strip mall parking lot I saw a Wagoneer in black and white camo. The grill was black so I assume it was the base model. I did not get a chance to look at the interior as someone was sitting in it.
I was totally underwhelmed with the very generic styling. There is nothing really special about it and it sure did not make me want to run and order one.
If I could get a Yukon Denali exterior with a Grand Wagoneer interior I think that would be the ultimate vehicle.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Apologies for the repetition if the question has been asked already, but do we know when we might see the Wagoneer L/Grand Wagoneer L? I have four sons (6, 7, 9 and 13) involved with sports, and need the extra volume behind the third row.
Should be in the fall.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Passed by one (GW) on I-69 southbound between Ft Wayne and Indy yesterday midday. Unmistakable what it was coming, and with "GRAND WAGONEER" plastered on the back, they made sure the world knows the GW is back. That wasn't the only interesting car I saw yesterday, either. Saw no less than 2 Jaguars. I think the first one was an F Type, slightly older, and maybe an XF. One was kinda out in the sticks, on IN-13 south of Wabash, the other was headed north toward Kokomo on US-31. Previously, I was followed by a medium blue Stelvio. It's been a cool new ride spotting week.

Reactions: tlc

·
Registered
119 Posts
Passed by one (GW) on I-69 southbound between Ft Wayne and Indy yesterday midday. Unmistakable what it was coming, and with "GRAND WAGONEER" plastered on the back, they made sure the world knows the GW is back. That wasn't the only interesting car I saw yesterday, either. Saw no less than 2 Jaguars. I think the first one was an F Type, slightly older, and maybe an XF. One was kinda out in the sticks, on IN-13 south of Wabash, the other was headed north toward Kokomo on US-31. Previously, I was followed by a medium blue Stelvio. It's been a cool new ride spotting week.
If a design is distinctive you should not need big letters splashed across a vehicle to identify it. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Rams, Charger, and 300 can all be readily identified without name plates or badges. The GW looks like the Grand Cherokee and GC L. Nothing makes the GW standout. I suspect the Grand Cherokee will the best styled of the 3.
I agree with Bluegoat, Yukon looks and GW interior. The Yukon has the attitude and in your face styling of the previous generations of Rams.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The GW should at least be readily identifiable at a glance from the front. It looks too much like the GC and GC - L.
Why does GW need to be any more distinct from a GC than a BMW X3 is from an X5, or a Volvo XC60 from an XC90? It's quite obvious when you see one on the road that it's as big as the half ton Ram DT it's base upon. GCs are decidely NOT.

Reactions: tlc and danbek

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Why does GW need to be any more distinct from a GC than a BMW X3 is from an X5, or a Volvo XC60 from an XC90? It's quite obvious when you see one on the road that it's as big as the half ton Ram DT it's base upon. GCs are decidely NOT.
Go look at a traditional Wagoneer. It had distinct styling that still told you it was a Jeep, but something different.

221 - 240 of 268 Posts