Allpar Forums banner
301 - 320 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I snuck into a Grand Wagoneer tech training web course (Definitely NOT a Tech.). Not released with the usual Sales Training expectations from the Performance Institute. The Ambassador program is pretty crazy for requirements.
The 10 Promises. 23 speakers. 24 way with massaging seats. Relaxation Mode. I took three pages of notes. As you go through the course if you make two mistakes in a row you start over. The hardest was the volume of options the interior has.
A lot of time was put into Uconnect 5 and how important it is to teach how to pair and delete devices as that is critical as most of the entertainment is cellular data based. Alexa, HeyGoogle, and Siri are all listening to every word while you drive. Unless you have kids arguing in the back running interference for the recognition routines.
So Pricey.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have to admit this thing is very good looking. If Cadillac can sell 90k Escalades, I do not see why Jeep cannot sell this.
They don't even come close

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,204 Posts
The article brings up an interesting tidbit.....the Wagoneer has in independent rear suspension. This was a big deal as the Ford F-150 Lightning also has an IRS but a claimed towing capacity of 10,000 pounds.

Most IRS vehicles are not well-suited for towing because once rocking is introduced, it is difficult to get back under control. Modern electronics may be the solution that both Jeep and Ford will use.
Every Ram 1500 and Ram 2500 has an independent rear suspension, don't they?

Alexa, HeyGoogle, and Siri are all listening to every word while you drive. Unless you have kids arguing in the back running interference for the recognition routines.
Siri is moving to on-device processing rather than sending stuff over cell. Don't know if it applies to automotive, and it only works on iPhone X and above (I'm still using a 6S, and it's supported by the upcoming OS 15, so I don't get that feature). Alexa and Google have zero privacy promises, as I recall... and if they did, their track record tells me not to believe them.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My 2009 Ram 1500 is not an independent rear suspension.

·
Super Moderator
38,571 Posts
No, they are solid rear axles. The big Dodge/Ram change was moving from leaf springs to coils on the rear.

Reactions: Adventurer55

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,204 Posts
No, they are solid rear axles. The big Dodge/Ram change was moving from leaf springs to coils on the rear.
I thought it was five-link... “A multi-link suspension is a type of vehicle suspension design typically used in independent suspensions, using three or more lateral arms, and one or more longitudinal arms”

BTW this is an interesting article on the Ram suspension -> 2020 Ram 1500 Suspension Deep Dive | Coil-spring rear suspension explained

AutoEvolution says: “Like the latest Ram trucks, the two SUVs use a multi-link, coil-spring suspension setup at the rear, which provides better articulation and thus a smoother ride.”

All that said, you seem to be right, my bad.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A little worse than I was expecting given that the Durango and Grand Cherokee 392s get 13/19. Higher horsepower version of the engine plus what is likely more aggressive gearing. That said, the Wagoneer is almost guaranteed to be heavier, worse aero, and heavier duty transfer-case, among other things, I am sure.

Let's see what the Wagoneer numbers with the eTorque turn out to be. I think it will be a huge win if they can match the Ram 1500 numbers with it.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Why premium fuel?

·
Super Moderator
38,571 Posts
My guess, it either burns cleaner or gives better gas mileage than when tuned for regular fuel. The lineup previously known as FCA in the US is going to recommend premium fuel if it helps at all with its EPA numbers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Buddy who is a salesman has said he has had to attend many meetings/training over the Wagoneer Twins.

This is a must hit a home run vehicle that will help finance many other higher volume vehicles.

Hopefully it is the vehicle that kills the low quality image that has been attached to Chrysler (I personally have never had any major issues with my 4 Rams and the wife's Jeep).

Still wondering what the anticipated volume is.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hopefully it is the vehicle that kills the low quality image that has been attached to Chrysler (I personally have never had any major issues with my 4 Rams and the wife's Jeep).
Not to harp on this point, but it’s all the small issues and the dealership experience too that have given Chrysler products their reputation.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My guess, it either burns cleaner or gives better gas mileage than when tuned for regular fuel. The lineup previously known as FCA in the US is going to recommend premium fuel if it helps at all with its EPA numbers.
You can almost always tune for better fuel economy with premium, and it almost never makes up for the difference in the price of the fuel. Sometimes they prefer to tune for more power instead of better fuel economy, that is the tradeoff.

301 - 320 of 368 Posts