Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Uh... Anyone surprised? Six digit price tag. A 'Premium' engine like higher octane gas or first class seating?
Unless you are cheering that it's ONLY a few grand more. Not a Cummins in the 9K range. Not a fair comparison maybe. My bad?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
this Is the first I’ve seen a picture of the engine. Seems compact Enough. also no chance of ”hot v“ issues. I would like to see how it will be presented in the charger challenger.

·
Super Moderator
40,280 Posts
Looks like someone posted something to the live site they weren't supposed to yet.

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wonder how long before a crate motor is available. I'd love to see these with all the HEMI platform treatments (super charged, bored out, etc.). I'm sure a big enthusiast will take it upon themselves to somehow put 2 together for a 12 cylinder. Maybe SEMA if these get out there in time.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,511 Posts
I'm thinking it's designed for regular fuel, while the 392 takes premium, yet outruns the 392 and gets 5.7 mileage. To me, that's a good combo.

Assuming it IS the six cylinder. there's no indication of that. It could be a surprise V8 of some sort! Could the do a twin turbo 6.2 replacement for the Hellcat? I'll feel foolish if so.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,511 Posts
Uh... Anyone surprised? Six digit price tag. A 'Premium' engine like higher octane gas or first class seating?
Unless you are cheering that it's ONLY a few grand more. Not a Cummins in the 9K range. Not a fair comparison maybe. My bad?
$2,000 is four digits.

“Premium” as in more power than a 392 with better fuel economy than a 392, and running on regular rather than premium fuel (I'm assuming that part).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$2,000 is four digits.

“Premium” as in more power than a 392 with better fuel economy than a 392, and running on regular rather than premium fuel (I'm assuming that part).
The 6.4 Hemi requires 91 octane and from the info I've seen the i6 HO will require 93 octane.

·
Banned
681 Posts
That is indeed the new GME T6 HO engine. It is being built in the Saltillo Mexico plant and should be available to order soon. I still have not seen the exact specs on this new engine but it must be better in some ways than the 6.4 Hemi to warrant a $2k upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,077 Posts
Well I'm sure it'll be spun that it is way more economical. We all know how that works with the Ecoboost. As long as your have a lighter than air foot, it is. I can hear the complaints now. This thing gets terrible mileage, my salesman said I should easily do, ahh 30, but I'm getting 15. This is sarcasm, but I wonder how close I'll be.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Well I'm sure it'll be spun that it is way more economical. We all know how that works with the Ecoboost. As long as your have a lighter than air foot, it is. I can hear the complaints now. This thing gets terrible mileage, my salesman said I should easily do, ahh 30, but I'm getting 15. This is sarcasm, but I wonder how close I'll be.
You are absolutely correct about Ford Ecoboost. I know some that get worse mileage than the old V8 because the engine has to work harder a lot more often. Let's hope this is not the case with this GME T6 HO. I am cautiously optimistic.
It looks to be about the same size as a V6. Is this really an inline 6? Are the cylinders staggered to allow a more compact design?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts