Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here to join in on the discussion!

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/150442-the-the-automobile-club-de-louest-24-hours-of-le-mans/

We have waited 12 long years for Chrysler to return to this historic & prestigeous event, one you do not want to miss!!!!

Allpar.com for the 1st time ever in the history of the Motorsports Section, will offer 100% exclusive comprehensive coverage of this race, flag to flag! More than ANY OTHER MOPAR Enthusiast forum or Facebook page on the planet!

Come & check this developing news story out, we totally promise you won't be offended here! All MOPAR & Ferarri Race fans are welcome!

This race will be broadcast LIVE on Speed Channel & Live via web stream, for more information please click on the link displayed above. If your a road racing fan, this coverage will indeed wet your wistle!

Remember this IS the one race Ralph, Beth & Chrysler sold out NASCAR to just to be a part of it again!

Will SRT Motorsports & Chrysler pick up where the left off 12 years ago with an overall win???? Tune & join us on the forum to find out!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Im in wheres the popcorn!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeepnut said:
Im in wheres the popcorn!
In the Motorsports News Section! HAHA! :D Nice to see replies & support like this come back!

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
Just thought about It, I Can Root for Ferarri too.

I've Actually seen Some of Their Blocks Machined.

TMD

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
For anyone who hasnt seen Ferraris plant go on youtube and search "ultimate factories Ferrari" its about a 45 min video and well worth a watch.

Heres the link.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYeP6AXCA4#

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see Ferrari Love here on Allpar! It's something we have yet to encounter in the Motorsports News Section!

The Mad Duck said:
Just thought about It, I Can Root for Ferarri too.

I've Actually seen Some of Their Blocks Machined.

TMD
Come on down & join us! :D

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you think will happen in this race? Give us your predictions in the Motorsports News Section. We promise, you will not be offended here!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Anyone other than Corvette will win in GT :D

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ferrari, Aston Martin, SRT Viper, Corvette and Porsche are the choices. Personally since Porsche has been in so many races without end, I like to say anyone but a Porsche. Plus being american I'm ok with Vette winning if Viper has no chance (do to crash or breakage parts)
​Will it be the same as 1998-2000, nope. The Viper is down 200hp ish from 700hp range. Vipers use to keep up or accelerate away on the straits against the prototypes. Apparently the rule makers didn't like the GT class being competitive with the prototypes. Sure the prototypes were good in the corners but the Gt class would gain back on them on the straightaways. Ya, I miss the vipers beating up on the prototypes.
With all the air restrictions on the Viper, I wonder if they choked the viper out to the point that both Vette & Ferrari are better. But it still comes down to the drivers and who can keep the car out of danger. I wonder what Brad Keselowski could do in a Viper + Kasey Kane & someone else from NASCAR that likes road-course.
If Vette & viper wipe out then I root for the under dog Aston Martin.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, if you have any questions for our reporting staff on the race or the practice & qualifying asessions please address them to MoparBob via PM or leave your question on the Le Mans thread in Motorsports!

You can listen to the LIVE broadcast from Le Mans by clicking here:

http://www.24h-lemans.com/live

The English broadcast team is very easy to listen to & are very good on camera.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let us know what you think of our Le Mans coverage so far & if your following our reports in the Motorsports News Section on Allpar.com.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Catch the 1st of 3 qualifying sessions LIVE here on Allpar.com right now! Will have a complete rundown of all the results once this session is completed!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Currently LM P1 cars occupy positions 1-8 then LM P2 cars hold positions 9-26, & 53,54 in qualifying.

LM GTE Pro Holds positions 27-33, 38 & 39, 44,46,56

LM GTE AM Holds positions 36, 37, 40, 43, ,45, 47-51, 55

The session has been called off due to repairs on the track!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't miss the 2nd & 3rd qualifying sessions to be shown live here today on Allpar.com starting at Noon CDT - 1 PM EDT.

Who in the GTE classes will win the pole for the race on Saturday!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2nd Qualifying Session has been called off 33 minutes early due to yet

another accident & more track repair along with the threat of heavy rain.

They are waiting to dry out the track.

Complete rundown of this qualifying session will be shown shortly in

the Motorsports News Section.

The Final Qualifying Session will be very stategic to set the grid for the

81st running of the 24 hours of Le Mans

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
moparbob said:
By the way, if you have any questions for our reporting staff on the race or the practice & qualifying asessions please address them to MoparBob via PM or leave your question on the Le Mans thread in Motorsports!

You can listen to the LIVE broadcast from Le Mans by clicking here:

http://www.24h-lemans.com/live

The English broadcast team is very easy to listen to & are very good on camera.
Thanks for link!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Final Qualifying Session has begun. Time has been extended to allow teams to get their provisional laps in! All drivers are required to have 5 laps in each.

Will SRT Motorsports & Team Ferarri inprove their position or get a class pole??

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For those of you who are watching the LIVE webstream coverage, what do you think of the English side of the broadcast so far??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts