Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
suzq044 said:
Like what? The Jeep "Renegade" or "Willys2" styled competitor to this? Intriguing idea.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/02/vw-up-buggy-may-be-headed-to-showrooms/
Similar! The Willys2 might look too much like a HUMMER to make sense and the Renegade seems a bit long. However, the VW Up Buggy might have the similar proportions for Jeep to follow. Specifically, I think the MINI Countryman (and rumored FIAT 500X) has the perfect proportions for the new Jeep to follow.

There are many out there that love the look of a Wrangler and consider a Jeep for that reason and that reason ONLY. Give them a rough-and-tough little tumbler with classic Wrangler styling and it might make enough practical sense to buy.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Muther said:
A Wrangler humped a 500 and this is going to be the baby.
To be accurate, there is NO Wrangler in this car, Fiat humped itself...

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
MoparNorm said:
To be accurate, there is NO Wrangler in this car, Fiat humped itself...
Yes there is; trapezoidal arches, seven bar grill, 4x4 PTU... It's all there, see?!!? ;)

According to rumors, it should at least be styled more conservatively (square-ish) than the Cherokee.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
AM I missing something or isn't this the B-segment Jeep that we have known about like forever?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
RVC said:
Yes there is; trapezoidal arches, seven bar grill, 4x4 PTU... It's all there, see?!!? ;)

According to rumors, it should at least be styled more conservatively (square-ish) than the Cherokee.
Not to diminish your humor... ;) however the Wrangler doesn't have trapezoid arches, or a PTU, nor a unitbody, FWD, or whatever else, so it may be that a seven slot grill humped something, but if that grill was from a KL, we may wish that Planned Parenthood had intervened.

Kidding aside, Fiat (Alfa) can likely design a nicer body than can Gilles, or Fiat, it just won't be a "Jeep" undernearh and this vehicle was originally slated to be Europe/Asia only. Makes me wonder if it is the Compass replacement in the US?
The 2014 timeline seems aggressive judging by current ability to meet dates.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Not to diminish your humor... ;) however the Wrangler doesn't have trapezoid arches, or a PTU, nor a unitbody, FWD, or whatever else, so it may be that a seven slot grill humped something, but if that grill was from a KL, we may wish that Planned Parenthood had intervened.

Kidding aside, Fiat (Alfa) can likely design a nicer body than can Gilles, or Fiat, it just won't be a "Jeep" undernearh and this vehicle was originally slated to be Europe/Asia only. Makes me wonder if it is the Compass replacement in the US?
The 2014 timeline seems aggressive judging by current ability to meet dates.
Too push back to the Humor....

My daughter is not 6ft, have male parts, a hairy chest, round solid biceps, a square masculine jaw, or a short hair cut. But she does favor me in the nose, mouth, and eyes and is certainly my off-spring.

Margret Sangers Eugenic based organization should never be even uttered on a Car Forum.

I think the 500 mated with Wrangler is a fine and Humorous and accurate description. But My guess is that a better would be a 500 mated with a Patriot.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TripleT said:
Too push back to the Humor....

My daughter is not 6ft, have male parts, a hairy chest, round solid biceps, a square masculine jaw, or a short hair cut. But she does favor me in the nose, mouth, and eyes and is certainly my off-spring.

Margret Sangers Eugenic based organization should never be even uttered on a Car Forum.

I think the 500 mated with Wrangler is a fine and Humorous and accurate description. But My guess is that a better would be a 500 mated with a Patriot.
Oh brother...

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Oh brother...
HA ..... that is exactly what I said when I saw your post.

:D

Sometime when thing are mixed you get the best sometime you get the worst. :p

But on the subject........

Isn't this the B-segment Jeep that we have known that is in development for quite sometime now? Edmund is just popping a story late in the cycle the same little Jeep that will be made on the same line as the 500X?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
TripleT said:
HA ..... that is exactly what I said when I saw your post.

:D

Sometime when thing are mixed you get the best sometime you get the worst. :p

But on the subject........

Isn't this the B-segment Jeep that we have known that is in development for quite sometime now? Edmund is just popping a story late in the cycle the same little Jeep that will be made on the same line as the 500X?
Yes, no news here. Jeep B-segment, sister to 500X. Both to be built at Melfi (current Punto plant). Essentially the replacement for the Patriot (if one is looking at how pricing is).

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
"Edmunds says: How small can Jeep go before owners push back?"

Interesting. Does Edmunds really think the size of a Jeep will cause concern or what will essentially be another small car with a Jeep face start consumers to "push back"?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dan Minick said:
Yes, no news here. Jeep B-segment, sister to 500X. Both to be built at Melfi (current Punto plant). Essentially the replacement for the Patriot (if one is looking at how pricing is).
Yeah...the only news is that this is the first article I've read outside of Allpar that has made more than a passing mention to the B-segment Jeep.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts