Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,631 Posts
I would go over and under the car carefully looking for any damage, noises, odors, leaks or unusual wear. Make sure that everything works.
Change the T-350 transaxle fluid with the Mopar ATF+4 or equivalent.
Flush brake, clutch and power steering with fresh fluids. DOT3 for brakes and clutch, ATF+4 for P/S.
Go over the recommended scheduled maintainence for 50Km and 100Km services.
Make sure that you have the owners manual. Your own copy of a service manual wouldn't hurt either.
Replace belts if dry rotted, cracked or glazed.
Inspect the front strut ground straps-to-inner fender to make sure that they are in place.
Check the bushings at the rear of the front control arms to make sure that they haven't slipped down and resting on the crossmember. These will usually rattle over bumps if they have.
If the tires have some distance on them, make sure that the are wearing evenly and quiet on the highway.
There were possible software flash updates for the PCM, TIPM and CCN (cluster) modules to improve the driving experience and prevent false fault code sets.
Use the specified Mopar or OEM parts.

· Super Moderator
17,631 Posts
The manual transaxle only takes a little more than a liter of ATF+4. I feel that it's worth changing as a precaution if you don't know the past history of the car or the previous driver's shifting habits.
The manual gearbox fluid is pretty much forgotten as a maintainence item.

· Super Moderator
17,631 Posts
There may be a PCM software update to address rough, erratic idle and a dim 'ck eng' light.
This may be covered by an extended emissions warranty, if it applies to your car. In the states, it's a federally mandated 8/80.
The PT is no fuel economy champion. 2.4L is about as large as a 4 cyl gets. The PT is also heavy and not particularly aerodynamic. My dad's automatic manages 20-23 overall.

1 - 3 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.