Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!!! Just dropped a 5.9 magnum in my 68 Fury III. Just wanted to post some pics... Just to recipricate the love found on this site. When I googled a question usually was answered through this site.
Was 318 now '02 360 magnum
Was 904 now torqueflite 727
changed things for converssion:
Shorten drive shaft and rebalance 160
Oil pan from 74 duster 130 classic industries
Relocate water inlet radiator (comes out block on driver side of 318, passengerside on 360. Probably change radiator when $$$ come avail)
Change 360 from fuel injected to carb. Edlebrock rpm 300
600 cfm carb $$? Out of garauge
Dumped 2" pipe 120
Schumacher motor mount 150 also they know thier stuff small company vibe :)
Trans mount 100
MANCINIRACING.COM (great place for parts and mostly they know what the heck (edited comment-RWS) they're talking about
I will post as much as possible and respond to as many questions as possible, (edited comment-RWS). Just tryin to show love for the site and people who use it.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a great swap. Why did you decide to go carb instead of sticking with the EFI, simplicity or fear of the injection wiring? What did you do with the distributor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went with carberated because of simplicity, and raw out of the box power... Not too worries bout gas. Oem power is 250hp and 340tq, and for carb no restrictions guesstamits is 300hp and below 400tq. As for distributor, using the one form 318... Same block same dimensions... Got rid of point and went with petronix ignitor III and flame thrower III coil. 210 bucks well spent.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Good deal, was figuring that it would be easier to drop a carb and distributor on the engine over keeping the electronics, just one of those fun things when you have the time to actually get it to all wire up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts