Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Getting ready to rock and roll tomorrow. But we're not supposed to get the worst of it. They canceled school here. We can't find out if they cancel work until 5 am.

Hope you're making out OK.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Kinda disconcerting to see the city that never sleeps like a ghost town. I'm in the area that is supposed to get some of the worst of it. Gonna move the cars out from under the trees when I get home, assuming there are some empty parking spots on the other side of the street.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Well, no power, no heat, no hot water, but also no damage either. So I consider myself one of the lucky ones. I have gas, so I can cook, assuming I can still get food, and still have water, so I can take a cold shower, and flush the toilet. Surviving on cell phone internet service, and charging up at work & in the car. This is a minor major disaster, imagine if it was a major major disaster, like one of those earthquakes in India, or that tsunami that Indonesia (might have that wrong). I couldn't comprehend that scale of disaster in this area.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
This is a minor major disaster, imagine if it was a major major disaster, like one of those earthquakes in India, or that tsunami that Indonesia (might have that wrong). I couldn't comprehend that scale of disaster in this area.
Those in NJ and NYC might disagree with you there. Some have lost everything. On top of that fuel is scarce (long lines for gasoline), devastation such that power restoration will be slow, temperatures are cold, food/water in short supply and another winter storm on the way.

By comparison, VA, MD, DE and DC dodged a bullet. No real significant damage except some trees and power lines down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts