Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1951 Plymouth that I have grafted the firewall out of a 1972 Dodge Dart, a four door... I have added the Dart drive train, swapped in a new 360 crate motor, had the 904 rebuilt and had the axles redrilled from the Dart rear end for larger bolt pattern wheels. I have Mopar front disc brakes and have grafted the instument cluster and steering column out of the Dart into the '51 dash.
I used the fire wall for two reasons, one was to have the power brake booster look factory and two, to have the air conditioning which fits under the '51 dash like it was made for it, and it also looks factory.
Now comes my problem. I have just finished the engine install and have gone with a power rack and pinion unit out of an '87 to '95 Lebaron. My issue is what size is the steering shaft at the rack and pinion. I have the universal for the column which is 5/8" 36. I plan to use DD shaft to the universal on the rack, but I cannot find what size the shaft is on the rack and I do NOT want to guess at it. I am not sure if this is a metric or SAE size. I thought the tie rod ends were all metric and found they are not. The castle nuts are SAE...
Anyone out there know what size I am looking for? I would guess it to be 3/4" with splines....

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
Call Borgeson, they'll know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts