Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to an article or method for programming new keyfob remotes for a 2005 Dodge Durango, I don't have the special key because my dash doesn't light up with a red dot.
Thank you B)

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
You may need the Chrysler scan tool to do this. If you can combine other services at the dealer, sometimes they will add this as a courtesy. Bring all fobs with you to the dealer appointment.
In the interest of vehicle security, tampering and theft-proofing, programming the remotes is no longer made DIY or easy like the old days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just ordered two new remote controllers for my 2003 Durango, and the ad said that programming instructions were included.
Got'em on e-Bay.
A lot cheaper than the dealer --- BUT read the ads carefully some are just a case and do not include the transmitter!

·
Registered
130 Posts
O.K. got my new key fobs and the directions on how to program them.
You go on-line to:www.programyourremote.com

Once there select the vehicle you need to program for. Print out and follow the instructions!
CAUTION: In my case the instructions were super-vague, and it took me and my professional locksmith
15 attempts before we were successful!
My instructions were not clear in the steps as to which fob you were to use, the old one, or the new one.
We finally got them to work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts