Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my significant other were looking to buy a Dodge Dart. We love the Rallye trim with the 6spd manual and fiat turbo, however I'm kinda disappointed that you cant get the TFT cluster with the Rallye! I know you can get the same engine and trans in the limited but we dont really care for that trim. I guess we could wait for the R/T to come out but then we couldnt get the fiat turbo, kinda lame but it makes deciding that much more difficult! xD

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Exclusitivity. That's why not all options are available on all packages...

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
That was my problem with the R/T - I wanted the 1.4Turbo, and the black fascia/lights. The thing that won me over was you can change what it looks like outside pretty easily; not so much with the interior and options lists.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A.j. Schreiber said:
So me and my significant other were looking to buy a Dodge Dart. We love the Rallye trim with the 6spd manual and fiat turbo, however I'm kinda disappointed that you cant get the TFT cluster with the Rallye! I know you can get the same engine and trans in the limited but we dont really care for that trim. I guess we could wait for the R/T to come out but then we couldnt get the fiat turbo, kinda lame but it makes deciding that much more difficult! xD
I was in the same boat but the TFT was a must have for me so I got the limited. I have not been disappointed in the decision. Remember, 90% of the time you will be viewing the car will be from the inside out so get the interior you want.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
browens1534 said:
Exclusitivity. That's why not all options are available on all packages...
True, but for a car that's marketed to my demographic as fuel efficient, packed with tech, and fun to drive, you think they'd at least ALLOW all three to be on the trim level that offers it.

MinnesotaKid said:
I was in the same boat but the TFT was a must have for me so I got the limited. I have not been disappointed in the decision. Remember, 90% of the time you will be viewing the car will be from the inside out so get the interior you want.
I was thinking the same, however the limited just isnt what we like. I'll probably wait for the RT since I the mpg hit wouldnt be that bad since we want the manual.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I feel you on how they are marketing to our younger demographics and all the cool stuff. But us youngns can't afford the loaded car to get the goodies. I want the 1.4 8.4N and TFT remote start is a plus. I'm willing to row my own. The Aero fits those wants with the need of great mpg and low price. The monochromatic color scheme suits my taste and I'm not big on chrome... Although I don't seeing this happening, I don't want the same car my parents have...

·
Registered
56 Posts
A.j. Schreiber said:
True, but for a car that's marketed to my demographic as fuel efficient, packed with tech, and fun to drive, you think they'd at least ALLOW all three to be on the trim level that offers it.

I was thinking the same, however the limited just isnt what we like. I'll probably wait for the RT since I the mpg hit wouldnt be that bad since we want the manual.
I saw in another thread the RT is delayed again until late Q1, not sure why. I haven't seen confirmation on that btw but thought it worth mentioning.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Its not just you disappointed in the lack of the TFT in the Rallye!

·
Administrator
35,236 Posts
I was thinking that as well, if it's going to be a car for my kids and me to drive, I don't think they're ready for manuals yet. I'll probably get a used Patriot, though. I want something fuel efficient around town, but I also want something they can drive easily, and it'd be nice to have at least one car in the "minivan/crossover" form factor.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Past the cruise and A/C, the only other "must have" option in a Patriot for me would be the height-adjustable seats.

(And not the dumpy base wheels, but that can be changed later.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually Tweeted Ralph Gilles about this, he said "I sent your comment to the Dodge Team. There are a lot of tweaks coming to the options grouping this year. Thanks! RG" so I assume this means they'll expand the options list for all the trim levels.

browens1534 said:
I feel you on how they are marketing to our younger demographics and all the cool stuff. But us youngns can't afford the loaded car to get the goodies. I want the 1.4 8.4N and TFT remote start is a plus. I'm willing to row my own. The Aero fits those wants with the need of great mpg and low price. The monochromatic color scheme suits my taste and I'm not big on chrome... Although I don't seeing this happening, I don't want the same car my parents have...
Agreed, but the flashy gizmos make saving up that much more worth it :p

·
Administrator
5,641 Posts
I'm planning on ordering a car at the beginning of March. I priced out a Dart after driving one, but couldn't configure it the way I wanted so I checked it off the list.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
A.j. Schreiber said:
I actually Tweeted Ralph Gilles about this, he said "I sent your comment to the Dodge Team. There are a lot of tweaks coming to the options grouping this year. Thanks! RG" so I assume this means they'll expand the options list for all the trim levels.

Agreed, but the flashy gizmos make saving up that much more worth it :p
I believe that. I think the GT is just the beginning of the changes to come

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
It is - we just learned in another thread of a replacement for the Rallye package coded "ASE", along with another add-on package for the Limited. Looks like the reconfiguration of the packages is happening right now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The TFT is super cool, but I actually like the stock gauges as well. It is a lot more customizable though the TFT

----
*Dart Registry for Race Track Lighting*
Could you please check it out and if possible donate $1 or more.

It would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

http://dodgedartregi...aign/detail/344

·
Registered
87 Posts
Too bad it isn't like the old days when you could order exactly the options you wanted to. Now most cars have these annoying packages where you have to order a pricey package (and thus get stuff you don't want) in order to get something you do want.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
jd_1138 said:
Too bad it isn't like the old days when you could order exactly the options you wanted to. Now most cars have these annoying packages where you have to order a pricey package (and thus get stuff you don't want) in order to get something you do want.
The side affect of ordering "a la carte" is it ultimately costs more to the consumer.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I too wanted the TFT, but I wanted the Black/Ruby Red interior more to match my Redline Red exterior... plus the blacked out fascia.

So that's why I didn't go with the Limited.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
jd_1138 said:
I know.
I was looking at the 300 last year but just hated the way the packages were offered. I wanted two specific options that were buried in two
different packages that added approx. $3k to sticker. The items i wanted were probably $200 to $300 total.
Fortunately the Charger packaging was such that i was able to get what i wanted for much less $$$.
Butttttt, I was this close to going with another brand i was so annoyed.
Same issue with the Dart now.
I'm hanging on to the old Neon 'till i can get just what i want.

Although that Focus hatchback would fit in my garage just fine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts