Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/6jgTo1Fxslo
Not sure if this link works from my phone, but all of the race teams attended the movie premiere last night and it was very impressive.
Hopefully the link works and you can get a sense of the challenge of offroad racing, that is NOT high speed desert racing, but something a bit more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,080 Posts
Looking forward to seeing that one.

Is there a GT class for the Viper in this kind of racing?_)
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha!
I'll be posting some pictures of our race Jeep in a few days, meanwhile, back to work for me!
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Thanks for posting Norm!
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome!
We've been working around the clock, getting ready for the National Championships at Las Vegas. Got the engine installed last night, transmission and transfer case today, and started on the final skid plates. Should have it fired up and running by Wed!
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Jeep looks fantastic Norm.

Is the frame a Jeep frame or custom built?

Good luck!!!
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The frame rails are from a TJ, per rule, the rest and the rear section are our invention. We had more of a true "truss" designed at the rear, but we had to modify that to get our full range of shock motion.
It's amazing how far a shock can move when you have 40" of articulation!!! ;)
The frame, weight, 37" tires and 14" of shock travel are the main rules in the modified class, everything else is open to interpretation.
...So we did...
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
The frame rails are from a TJ, per rule, the rest and the rear section are our invention. We had more of a true "truss" designed at the rear, but we had to modify that to get our full range of shock motion.
It's amazing how far a shock can move when you have 40" of articulation!!! ;)
The frame, weight, 37" tires and 14" of shock travel are the main rules in the modified class, everything else is open to interpretation.
...So we did...
Can you get us some pictures of it in full articulation. Got any detail pics of your suspension or is that "off limits"?

Are both front and rear coil link setups?

Mike
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beentherebefore said:
Is that the thing that you are waiting to get a Hemi for?
It was. Nothing came of it.
I took one for the team and reluctantly went with the sponsor who graciously gave us a $20,000 motor, from another manufacturer. Im not happy about it. After we win maybe it will generate more interest from Mopar, who knows...?
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike V. said:
Can you get us some pictures of it in full articulation. Got any detail pics of your suspension or is that "off limits"?
Are both front and rear coil link setups?
Mike
PM sent.
Both front and rear are coil-link. ;)
Right now I have it set up with only .5 degrees of caster change from full stuff to full drop. ;)
That's half of one degree.
In 14" of travel.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
PM sent.
Both front and rear are coil-link. ;)
Right now I have it set up with only .5 degrees of caster change from full stuff to full drop. ;)
That's half of one degree.
In 14" of travel.
Amazing. Thanks for the PM :)

Mike
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once I get home, I'll post those on the board for all to see. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,773 Posts
MoparNorm said:
It was. Nothing came of it.
I took one for the team and reluctantly went with the sponsor who graciously gave us a $20,000 motor, from another manufacturer. Im not happy about it. After we win maybe it will generate more interest from Mopar, who knows...?
:cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
MoparNorm said:
PM sent.
Both front and rear are coil-link. ;)
Right now I have it set up with only .5 degrees of caster change from full stuff to full drop. ;)
That's half of one degree.In 14" of travel.
I dont suppose you could share those flex pics with me too? Im really interested to see that sucker in full flex.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeepnut said:
I dont suppose you could share those flex pics with me too? Im really interested to see that sucker in full flex.
See #15 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
Totally missed that thanks :lol:
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeepnut said:
Totally missed that thanks :lol:
Im at Offroad Expo this weekend, might be Monday before I get back. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top