Allpar Forums banner

Kokomo Engine Plant Starts Production

5008 Views 47 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Erik Latranyi
Reactions: Dodgeguy1961
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
12,380 Posts
The largest transmission complex in the world, largest casting plant in the world, life blood of the whole corporation
The largest transmission complex in the world, largest casting plant in the world, life blood of the whole corporation
Stellantis will fix what FCA broke.

Reactions: DC-93

· Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,821 Posts
As a newly former Stellantis employee, I'm not so sure about the optimism of the Stellantis path.
I've been around Chrysler for over a half century. Some things never change. If Stellantis can move the needle on two areas I'll be truly amazed. One is quality, the other is build quality of the parts that go into their products. If those improve, many things will also improve.

· Registered
67 Posts
I've been around Chrysler for over a half century. Some things never change. If Stellantis can move the needle on two areas I'll be truly amazed. One is quality, the other is build quality of the parts that go into their products. If those improve, many things will also improve.
I retired from that plant after 41 years, it is the most valuable manufacturing plant Stellantis owns, it's a grandfathered plant, that can be rebuilt inside over and over

· Registered
33 Posts
Would you care to elaborate? Or are you bound by an NDA?
No, no NDA. Stellantis has just implemented massive roadblocks to their success. Purchasing approvals have gotten much more difficult. They are reluctant/unwilling to compete for employees so the ranks are dwindling fast.

· Registered
67 Posts
No, no NDA. Stellantis has just implemented massive roadblocks to their success. Purchasing approvals have gotten much more difficult. They are reluctant/unwilling to compete for employees so the ranks are dwindling fast.
I don't know where you get your information, but that's not circulating in the company, what company would put roadblocks in their way of being successful, Carlos knows what he doing

· Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,821 Posts
I don't doubt for one minute that Carlos knows what he's doing. But does Carlos know what Auburn Hills is doing? Letting workers strike over HVAC issues says kinda the opposite. That should've been settled before a strike. So who's responsible for letting it go that far? Carlos is running a worldwide company, someone from Auburn Hills is responsible for this, because it sounds just like them. My opinion as always.

· Registered
135 Posts
I don't know where you get your information, but that's not circulating in the company, what company would put roadblocks in their way of being successful, Carlos knows what he doing
Company, no. Certain managers that have no clue, yes. Probably not deliberately, but their pay scale is way above their competency level. Plus almost forcing good supervisors to leave or become complacent by said managers because they feel threatened by someone that is actually competent and who could do their job much better.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts