Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years of listening to Wrangler owners complain, Jeep has finally trimmed the Pinch Weld seam at the rear wheels.
This weld seam intruded into the rear wheel well and since 2007 has had Jeepers shaking their heads.
The unannounced change was noticed by several Jeeps dealers today, on 2013 models that are now arriving at dealerships.
While not an issue when using the stock tires, with several models of Wrangler now getting 32" tires and with the most common aftermarket tire size around 35" to 37", many owners have had to use a Sawsall on their brand new Wrangler sheetmetal to accommodate their new tires and prevent tire damage.
Our thanks to someone at Jeep for listening to our complaints.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Great news! Thank you Jeep!

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Interesting that Chrysler said nothing about this.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Interesting that Chrysler said nothing about this.
It is...

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
To say something about this would be to acknowledge a flaw. Since it's only affecting aftermarket non-manufacturer-suggested parts, there's not a need to acknowledge it, as it would imply that there was a flaw. As delivered, the vehicle had no flaw.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Also, I'm not sure what they would really say about it. If indeed they did trim it to allow larger tires to fit, it could be seen as Jeep saying they have modified the Wrangler to accept 35 or 37" tires, which in fact are NOT recommended by the factory, but the press release could be seen as promoting it. People could start using 35 or 37" tires, and when problems develop, they would upset that Jeep issued a press release saying that 35" tires now work on their Jeep.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TWX said:
To say something about this would be to acknowledge a flaw. Since it's only affecting aftermarket non-manufacturer-suggested parts, there's not a need to acknowledge it, as it would imply that there was a flaw. As delivered, the vehicle had no flaw.
The models with 32" tires, come very close to contact. With some of the aftermarket lifts sold through Mopar, they had problems.
If you install a Jim Fens designed Nth Degree lift, it all works well, for some unknown reason, Mopar selected the wrong aftermarket lift.
This makes sure that there are no problems.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
After a Number of Cycles of the Moon I'll "Quack" About Some Things that Have Been Headed of at the Pass on the KL.

TMD :innocent:

Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
After a Number of Cycles of the Moon I'll "Quack" About Some Things that Have Been Headed of at the Pass on the KL.

TMD :innocent:
We will gather 'round the campfire and wait for you!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
We will gather 'round the campfire and wait for you!
And sing Kumbaya?

Mike

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mike V. said:
And sing Kumbaya?

Mike
As long as there is no hand holding, I am in.

I dont wanna hold Norms hand! I DONT I DONT I DONT!

hahaha

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Danno said:
As long as there is no hand holding, I am in.

I dont wanna hold Norms hand! I DONT I DONT I DONT!

hahaha
:lol: are you stomping your feet?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mike V. said:
:lol: are you stomping your feet?
If it means I dont have to hold Norms hand? Then yes! hahahaha

·
Registered
530 Posts
CherokeeVision said:
Are you sure it won't turn into the scene in Blazing Saddles?
No beans.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I'll build the fire......

Reactions: larryv

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JTE said:
I say it was just a weight saving measure.
Ha! Ha!
Actually my source jokingly said; " "It wasn't hard, (to convince them) some bean counter is saving .13X138000 Jeeps=$17,940"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts