Allpar Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
We all know what brand equity and nameplates mean to this company. (Answer: Nothing).
Yes, this company flushes established nameplates like a bad t--ds.
From the OP article
We don’t yet know if the electric model will carry the Charger or Challenger name, but Dodge does acknowledge that those nameplates are valuable.
FCA no longer is "this company." Sergio is dead. Mike Manley moved on. THIS company is called Stellantis. Carlos Tavares is in charge, and he's neither of those guys.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins.
4,441 Posts
From the OP article
FCA no longer is "this company." Sergio is dead. Mike Manley moved on. THIS company is called Stellantis. Carlos Tavares is in charge, and he's neither of those guys.
Until this "company" does something different from the past concerning the brands, then it's still business as usual. The same crack management is still at Auburn Hills, whatever the name is. Until Tavares flexes his muscles over these people the same questionable decisions will be made with the brands. IMHO

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Dear Lord:

On this Thanksgiving Day, I want to thank You for giving us Mopar enthusiasts some actual HOPE for a better and brighter future......while also keeping aware that the dark storm clouds are gathering......far across the sea.

Mr. Tavares and his team will need Your help and guidance for Ma Stella to make it through the dark and stormy night in one piece.

Thank You
Amen:

And now......The Ave Ma Stella;)

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
From the OP article
He has an impressive resume and seems like a good leader but so far it is too early to see how things will turn out. Not sure about others but as of now here in the U.S. for me it feels like we are still dealing with (for better or worse) the aftermath of FCA.

Curios what the powertrains of the next gen Charger will be. Sounds like hybrid will be one offering. Hopefully a late gen with the latest battery technology.

I would think they could still offer Hellcats as a halo trim. If it is expensive it won’t have too much impact on their fleet numbers. By 2025 54.5 mpg is the benchmark, right?

Reactions: Tony K

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Not sure about others but as of now here in the U.S. for me it feels like we are still dealing with (for better or worse) the aftermath of FCA.
Well, with a corporation the size of Stellantis, you can't change directions quickly or not have aftermath to deal with. On top of all that, you have a supply chain issue. Tavares and Co. are probably still teasing out the issues and "problem children," and probably will be for awhile.

Reactions: 77 Monaco Brougham

·
Registered
817 Posts
Back in reply #44, I expressed my hope that there is actual hope ahead for better and brighter times for Ma Stella.
Perhaps this is a very very small early sign......(fingers and toes crossed)

Stella itself is going to be okay...the major problem is investing capital into forgotten/mismanaged brands (Dodge, Chrysler, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, and Fiat) and not getting a return on that capital investment.
Dodge is in the best position because all that brand needs is volume...not volume and identity like the other brands do.

As much as I hate the Chinese government, Stella has to make a push in that market where Stella is non existent, same goes for India.

·
Registered
15,279 Posts
Another question will the new cars be built in Brampton or are they going to move as many articles have stated
That is not determined yet.

The latest contract with Brampton guaranteed a small investment ($50 million I believe) which is not enough for a new vehicle or refresh.

There are rumors that Brampton could be converted into one of the two North American battery plants for Stellantis. Of course, that would mean the Charger/Challenger go somewhere else.

We will probably find out within the next year as such things needs planning, investment and negotiations with the unions in those plants.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Hopefully they won’t forget to give Chrysler one of these new vehicles that next gen Challenger and Charger are based on…

Reactions: Tony K

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,407 Posts
Remember the LX/LC/LD/LA is HOW OLD ?

We Got Our Money Out of It. !

41 - 55 of 55 Posts