Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "close to mint" 1992 Le Baron LX Convertible. trying to upgrade Infinity Sound System. Anyone know where they put the Factory Installed Amplifier??
I have replaced all speakers with stock quality or better and still have Bass Distortion at high volumes. I.m hoping its not the Receiver itself as I would like to keep the car as close to stock as possible. I've been told the stock amplifier is not very good and often causes this problem. I'd like to get at it with as little hunting and disassembly as possible so if anyone knows where it is and the beast access route to get to it I'd really appreciate the help.
Thanks
Mike

·
Super Moderator
37,238 Posts
The factory amp was on the driver's side of the trunk behind the felt-like covering. At least in my 1994 I believe that's where it was.

·
Registered
938 Posts
It would be in the trunk according to my AllData. It amplified the door and rear speaker circuits, dash speakers were not amplified. I am doing a similar upgrade to my 1986. It used the older Infinty Speaker mounted amps and trying to find 4 good ones is mission impossible. I salvaged a system, less speakers, from a 2001 Sebring convertible, it is a full 6 channel amp with a top down equalizer mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts