Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
New
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a pain is it to replace leaf spring bushings on a 1989 B250? I looked up the part at one of the big box auto stores, and right below the list of bushings was an $800 tool to service them!?!?!?

Mine are all gone and the van just has too many scary noises already!

·
New
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the front end of the front of the springs, I though some of the actual spring had rusted away....good the hear they were not a full loop, I guess thats why it looks like that. The way the bushings look to me, they should probably fall out, it seems that the bolt is sitting right on the metal of the spring at this point.
I was part way through of pulling a set of springs from a pull it yourself junk yard last year ,(from a 350 no less) but I got stuck on one of the bolts, but then I got really busy at work and did not make it back there.

I may still take that route, get a junk yard set of springs and put new bushings in those, but that would be the ideal situation....sad reality says I will put new bushings in my sacked out old springs. I was thinking about getting rid of the van since I bought my Durango which has taken over as boat hauler....but the insurance is only running me $43 a month on the old beast and I cant bring myself to get rid of it. In any case, it needs some TLC!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts