Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my lebarons exhaust is it cat then silencer or silencer then cat? Does it matter what order they go in?
I know what it sound like with :
no cat + no silencer + yes muffler ... too loud
No cat + yes silencer + yes muffler.... just like a classic car

what do you think it would sound like with a cat and muffler but no silencer?

I just dont want a quiet car. Not sure if the universal muffler would still sound loud with both a cat and silencer.

·
Super Moderator
36,948 Posts
Generally, the cat shoudl be first because it is moret efficient the hotter it is (within reason).
The cat will silence it a good bit, a cat and a performance muffler will probably give a nice, but not too loud, sound.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
698 Posts
I´m not the guy that destroys an original exhaust setup...

BUT.....my 3.0 does not have a cat anymore, instead the orig. muffler there´s a Flowtech Raptor now, original resonator. I reallya have to say, the sound is incredible. Like snot´s rumbling out the tailpipe, really, really cool note.

And YES, you´ll hear a clear difference without a catalytic converter, it sound more "classic" because you can here the V style engine grumble more.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Problem is, it won't be legal without the catcon, and catcons help exhaust systems last longer, since they keep the exhaust vapor from condensing too early in the system. It will still sound fine, and perform fine, with a catcon - no performance gain to removing it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
"I want my car to spew as much chemical and noise pollution as possible!"
:facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
I'm sure that's not the intent. Let's play nice. Many enthusiasts enjoy a nice burble to the exhaust.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing is more funny than when i got pulled over for a loud exhaust when i was in high school and a harley motorcycle drove past at 140dB. I said to the cop' What i cant hear you"
He got my point and let me go.

currently the best exhaust set up here in wi are when trucks go straight from the engine to the rear window of the cab. Loud as heck and black smoke goes straight up in the air.

The only thing green here is the grass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts