Allpar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those post '94 clear or "white" bumper turn lamps seem to be hard to find. Someone remanufacturing those still?
Probably some other make's bumper lamps would be close enough (with small mod), any experience?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Try eBay. I found a whole bunch on there, although you may run into problems being international. EBay is actually a decent source for trim pieces and the like. Weird stuff pops up all the time on there; I recently got a trip computer (which are apparently becoming decently rare) and a tachometer cluster for my Spirit). Things might be more plentiful here in the states because the LeBaron is still decently common (not as common as the AA or AP bodies, but it's a not-too-distant third), around me at least.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried eBay. Checked again and can't find ANY. Plenty for sedan available, but those are not good fit for coupe or convertible. Some with amber lenses available for coupe / conv.

www.ebay.com -> eBay motors -> all of eBay motors

Search keywords:
chrysler lebaron park light
chrysler lebaron parking lamp
chrysler lebaron turn lamp

·
Super Moderator
36,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
There are a couple of people here in the states that specialize in LeBaron parts and especially the convertibles, Here in the US Chrysler switched from the amber to the clear lenses in either model year 1993 or 1994. I know for sure that all the 94 and 95 models have the clear lenses.
Reach out via e mail to one of these two people:
Tom Spenny: [email protected]
Bernie De la Torre: [email protected]
These these guys can't help you then contact me as there is a guy here in NJ that has parted out some LeBaron's and may have the proper clear lenses you're looking for.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
george w, thanks again.
My car has currently "two tone" amber / white lenses, which they used at least here in Finland for all dealer imported cars (as amber parking lamp is forbidden, and actually they need E-approval on the lens). Those lenses are made in Japan and my quess is I need to get the whole lamp unit as probably the Chrysler clear lenses will not fit onto these.
Btw Honda CRX 90-91 units seem to be quite close fit, still checking these more easily available options...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I bet that the lens sizes are the same as yours unless the bumper for the export models is different from the US version.
The lens and lamp housing are all one piece. I can get you the actual measurements of the lenses if that would be of help. I have two LeBarons an 89 with amber lenses and a 94 with the clear. They are physically interchangeable and identical except for color. I take it you want the all clear lenses to replace your two color lenses.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There's a sealant around the underside of the lens. If you break this seal, the light will leak and you will have to re-seal it. The headlights leaked on my Spirit for a long time because of this. Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The look is OK though the fit isn't perfect. Your bumper openings appear the same size those on the US cars. The US clear lenses only take a single bulb. I see that your lenses have two bulbs. Marty Mopar has the US spec clear lenses. By the way, here in the US the front lens and the rear reflector/lamp housing are all one piece.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, two bulbs. The single bulb setup may create a headache here at annual inspections. For this age cars already, you shall have white parking light and amber turn signal. The inspector can take your ride out of traffic until you make it right. And you need also the E-approval on the lens. (Rumours say they are not that strict with the E-thing anymore, they start to approve DOT-markings in some cases...). These are now 100% road legal and they can't complain. It's for me peace of mind. These were quite cost effective as well and in the future easier to find in case I break one. Lookwise I'd say the original clear lenses are better.
There's another shot how they look: Flickr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts