Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! My LeBaron lacks driver's side rubber seal between the door and the body (weather stripping?). I can't find that part in any online shop. Does somebody know the PN or link to buy it?

Also I need the molding, which is mounted on all doors and on front fenders. I have it only on my rear fenders. Any links to buy? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would have to say try a junkyard or a universal product on this. The part you're looking for has been out of production for at least 19 years, and it was what I call a "weirdo part" even when it was relatively new-- something that really wasn't expected to break or need replacing, so finding one would have been/will be very difficult and rather expensive. That being said, JC) Whitney carries tons of universal products, and I bet they have door weatherstripping. You'll have to do some fitting to your vehicle, but that's where I would look first.
The molding, on the other hand, is almost certainly a junkyard item. Fortunately, around me, at least, the convertible LeBarons are more common than AA's and AP's. The AA molding might match with yours if you have a sedan. AA bodies are Spirits and Acclaims, which were big sellers back in the day, so that might not be too hard to find either. You might have to pay a body shop to paint the moldings to match your car if you can't find the same color.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The majority of everything you are looking for are going to be junk yard or parts car items. I had my local parts guy at the dealer run me the part numbers for the weather striping, door window weather strip and even the weather strip the door glass runs on, all are NS-1 and he also did a dealer locate and couldn't find anybody that had them. BTW this was all for a 1989 Chrysler Lebaron GTS.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you, guys, but this car is really rare here, so no junkyards to look for. :(

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
You can use a universal seal between the door and body. The color may be off, however, they do make universal weatherstripping that works really well. Something like this Ameriseal model 19600 weatherstripping should work well:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yesterday I measured the stock weatherstripping to look for universal.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
If the plastic T-shaped retainers have torn out of the rubber holes and rubber isn't too badly deteriorated, you may be able to use strong adhesive to reattach the retainers into the w/strip holes and re-attach it to the door.
If you can't find the factory body side moulding pieces, then you might consider generic wide black rubber moulding all around the car so that it all matches.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ImperialCrown said:
If you can't find the factory body side moulding pieces, then you might consider generic wide black rubber moulding all around the car so that it all matches.
Unfortunately, it won't match front and rear bumpers... Maybe I will make it myself using epoxy and making the shape from the existing back fender pieces...

·
Registered
555 Posts
4310924-5 R/L front door w/strip same as 4520730-1 I have 4310925 NOS

4310926-7 rear door w/strip don't have

X674-5 DX9 R/L fender rear molding have NOS or used

X676-7 DX9 R/L front door molding have NOS or used

X678-9 DX9 R/L rear door molding have NOS or used

above are black and are for the C-P models

www.arizonaparts.com for more info my e-mail and Phone are there use this for contact....not here on this forum as I won't be looking here for your post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts