1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Standard on the R/T, optional on all others. It is still supposed to be a Mopar option after the fact as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Standard on the R/T, optional on all others. It is still supposed to be a Mopar option after the fact as well.
My Limited came standard with them.

*Edit*

Interestingly enough though, I just ran my setup through the dodge configurator again and it now defines the tail lights as "LED Stop/Turn/Tail Lamps" and not " LED tail lamps" as my original config shows. I did review my buy sheet though and I did not pay extra for the 'racetrack' tail lights.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
LED Tail lights =/= Racetrack tail lights

The standard lights are LEDs, and are the lights on the back of the car, but not on the trunk lid, and are the indicator, turn and brake lights.

The Racetrack lights are the LED outline lights across the trunk.

The Racetrack lights, sales code LBQ, are Standard on the R/T, Optional on the Limited, Rallye and SXT for $225, and Not available on the SE. They are also available from Mopar for install after the fact.

To compare the two, look at this video from Chrysler. This Dart has the Racetrack lights, but you will see that the brake lights are just the parts that are NOT on the trunk lid. The video starts at 0:16 and the brake lights are on. A Dart without the Racetrack Lights would have no lights on the trunk illuminated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I looked at my window sticker, since its still in the back seat, and I did notice the racetrack lights were a $225 option charge on my Limited. Thinking back, they were not listed at all on my original build specs and was not available under exterior options (the build and price configurator has since been updated to show this option).

Luckily for me, my order was built WITH the racetrack lights added in. Well worth the $225 IMHO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I looked at my window sticker, since its still in the back seat, and I did notice the racetrack lights were a $225 option charge on my Limited. Thinking back, they were not listed at all on my original build specs and was not available under exterior options (the build and price configurator has since been updated to show this option).

Luckily for me, my order was built WITH the racetrack lights added in. Well worth the $225 IMHO.
I'll have to check my window sticker then and see if it's reflected there. I've looked at all the paperwork I have including the original config I printed when I ordered in June and nowhere does it show that I was charged for them. I don't recall the dealer asking me if I wanted them added as an option when I ordered now that I think about it.

*Edit*
Well I found mine in my owner's manual and sure enough it was a $225. line item but that's the only place I've seen that. Not that it makes a diffrerence, I wouldn't have ordered the car without them, but it's still interesting.

Btw on a separate note, if you haven't ordered your supplemental manuals you probably should. I think my dealer said within 30 days if you wanted them and he also said they're worth it. Same high quality case like the owners manual that came with the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really excited to install this on my Dart. Ordered one from www.dodgedartaccessories.co. They told me they are on backorder but should ship around October 10th.
Thanks for the link, I've been looking for some slush mats for this winter so I can save my premium ones. The trunk mat looks nice too as items do tend to slide around in the trunk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my dart rallye 3 weeks ago , would like to hook the led lights in the trunk lid to come on with brake lights, be neat to get them to work with the signal lights as well what do you think?? just asking before I screw something up and I end up taking a hit in the wallet thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Jerry Brentnell said:
I got my dart rallye 3 weeks ago , would like to hook the led lights in the trunk lid to come on with brake lights, be neat to get them to work with the signal lights as well what do you think?? just asking before I screw something up and I end up taking a hit in the wallet thanks
I have heard of people trying it, but none have been successful. The brightness seems to be controlled by a PCB at the LEDs. Just splicing the brake wire over to the racetrack LEDs doesn't do it.

It would take some serious mods to get each half to act independantly for the turn signals. I am sure it can be done, but it may not be cost effective to do so.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
They haven't figured out how to do it yet, but I think there are a few people working on it. As a brake light; the left-right separation is a totally different story. I think you'd have to go fully custom there.

All I want is amber blinkers. LOL

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
suzq044 said:
They haven't figured out how to do it yet, but I think there are a few people working on it. As a brake light; the left-right separation is a totally different story. I think you'd have to go fully custom there.

All I want is amber blinkers. LOL
Theoretically, the amber blinkers could be "easy"

That is if the rear turn signals are on their own wire, and not shared with the rear brake lights on the sides.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the racetrack light and want it so badly for my Dart. I even started a registry in hopes of getting it. I got an earlier Dart and was told that it came with my car (but it actually didn't) I didn't have the chance of getting it as an option as well.

It would be great if you guys could help fund my Dart to get the lighting here is my page. It would be greatly appreciated if you have a spare $1 or $2 you could donate. Thanks! :drive:
http://dodgedartregi...aign/detail/344

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for answer.. I have the limited and I have the led race track lighting across my truck but I've never see a lights from them. Do I need to get something installed from aftermarket or should they be working. That's one reason I liked the car. Please lete know what I should do so I can have the race track lighting. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I went to my dealer to get answers about the lighting. They were able to look up my original window sticker and it wasn't listed as a option. I had taken with me a copy from a website 'allmoparparts.com' with me and went to the parts department. I showed them the price and part number and they are going to match the price of $259.60 for me and they placed the order. The only draw back is the labor cost was $175. So I'm going to have a friend that I know that does body work to install it for me. He said that it could take 2 weeks to get them in. I've waited this long, what's another few weeks.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts