Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened my World of Wheels March issue. And there on page 10 is an article Legacy Power Wagon.
Googled Legacy Power Wagon and got this site.... http://www.legacypowerwagon.com B)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
He was at SEMA, and while very nice, there are many, many more affordable and true to Mopar WDX's out there, and several great sources of information, such as Vintage Power Wagons and two great Dodge Power forums.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
johnsims said:
One of the things this guy has is a 4bt that is fuel injected. Pretty nice setup. Pricey, though.
I'm pretty sure ALL diesels are fuel injected. ;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
55Plaza said:
Those are information sites Norm.
Legacy is handcrafting each truck, provides a complete restoration of a Dodge Power Wagon. After every nut and bolt is restored and the original aesthetics of the Dodge Power Wagon are reinstated, and then the trucks are outfitted with the modern running gear and customized.
Yes they are, and the guy that is behind legacy started there. He learned there from the information given there. ;)
There are several builders on those sites that will provide about the same truck for $50,000 less. ;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MoparNorm said:
Yes they are, and the guy that is behind legacy started there. He learned there from the information given there. ;)
There are several builders on those sites that will provide about the same truck for $50,000 less. ;)
Aha!!... didn't get that you meant that in your original post... the info that is not the $$$. B)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
55Plaza said:
Aha!!... didn't get that you meant that in your original post... the info that iis not the $$$. B)
I speak fluent code. ;)

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I like it.

I think the price is borderline crack-pipe.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I saw this months ago on facebook... I still say, while I love the Ram... if Dodge built this.. it would sell.. into the millions of units.

let me amend this by saying... keep the tool who designed the Dakota/(last gen)Durango out of it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
LeeRyder said:
I saw this months ago on facebook... I still say, while I love the Ram... if Dodge built this.. it would sell.. into the millions of units.

let me amend this by saying... keep the tool who designed the Dakota/(last gen)Durango out of it.
For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to ride in a 1946 to 1971 WDX to WM300, Power Wagon, just let me say, it's the greatest truck in the world to look at, but driving and or riding in one, is not for everybody.
The foo-foo writers at the car mags would die from the NVH, within the first 100 feet. ;)
To make it legal for mass production, at todays standards, would kill the essence of what it was.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Not the real power wagon but with a little work could be a nice replacement

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
dakotajam said:

Not the real power wagon but with a little work could be a nice replacement
Problem is, that front clip, when translated from concept to production, became the second-generation Durango front clip.

·
Registered
269 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I'm pretty sure ALL diesels are fuel injected. ;)
Norm, in all seriousness, I had no idea even old diesels werent carburated? I guess the main thing I was getting at with this site`s 4bt, wasnt just injected, but pretty much "plug and play", with it`s own computer. The
hot rod crowd must really love all the plug and play stuff for cars now.

T

·
0 Posts
Boy Norm you sure have that part right. I drove a truck with this cab from Ohio to the east coast 25 yrs ago, there is nothing comfortable about those cabs. They are also narrow as well.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
johnsims said:
Norm, in all seriousness, I had no idea even old diesels werent carburated? I guess the main thing I was getting at with this site`s 4bt, wasnt just injected, but pretty much "plug and play", with it`s own computer. The
hot rod crowd must really love all the plug and play stuff for cars now.
Yes, diesel has no carb, spark plugs, or distributor ( in the conventional sense) the fuel-air mixture is detonated by pressure, not spark.
Diesels have always had injectors. It takes a very high compression ratio to creat that explosion causing pressure, making diesels inherently louder that gasoline engines. However, great strides in sound control and emissions have been taken with diesels in the last 10 years. Diesels run cleaner than gas, ( their only problem is particles of soot, which is why, they now have urea injection systems, as one way to scrub the exhaust gasses.)
Pretty much every engine/transmission, is now computer managed, I'm not sure it qualifies as plug and play, it's a bit more complicated than that, but as long as you have the matching, engine/ trans and computer, it's a lot easier to get the transplant to run right.
Basically, when we perform a Hemi into a Wrangler, transplant, we use the Grand Cherokee computer and convince the Computer it's in a 2012 Grand Cherokee. Then all we have to adjust for is tire diameter and gear ratio.
Plug and play, kind of demeans the thought process and hard work involved, but yes, In a sense it is.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i agree, though there is also aftermarket plug and play ways as well. i once saw a '58 dodge D100 with a 5.7 hemi using a F.A.S.T. ignition system.

personally, i would have gone with the OEM hardware, but i like seamless integration of technology, and OEM gives that quite often. especially when working on a new model anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts