Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's the least of Dodge/Chrysler's concerns right now while they just came under Stellantis, but I was inspired to talk about this based on my love of design and color, and from taking a color theory class in early college. And also the announcement of so many dropped colors on the 2022 Chrysler 300, as well as the Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Cherokee L only being available in 4-5 colors.

What Mopar exterior and interior colors over the years have you liked?

What exterior and interior colors would you like to see Stellantis bring to Chrysler, Dodge, and maybe Jeep? What colors do you think would give these brands their identities?

I found this image of a 1960's Chrysler color palate.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oh God, I was worried this was going to be an inflammatory post....Phew!!!! Deep Water Blue, Vitamin C, Fire Red Metallic, Arctic White, Dark Sky Metallic (try and find that one!!) to name a few...

Reactions: multimopes

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,488 Posts
I liked the Light Driftwood Satin Glow of the 1990's. It had a very subtle color shift as you walked by in shade or shadow.
Tans, taupes and violets.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I liked the Light Driftwood Satin Glow of the 1990's. It had a very subtle color shift as you walked by in shade or shadow.
Tans, taupes and violets.
Molten Silver from the Chrysler Pacifica was like that. Great color.

For exterior colors, I would like to see more brights for Dodge, and jewel tones for Chrysler. Camo colors (greens, browns, beiges, with some yellows or oranges thrown in) for Jeeps.

Dodges should get grays, and mahogany-type browns for interior colors for those who don't want black.

Chryslers should get grayish browns and blue grays.

Jeeps need more brown interiors, and maybe they can add a dark green- similar to the Explorer's new Timberline theme color.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh God, I was worried this was going to be an inflammatory post....Phew!!!! Deep Water Blue, Vitamin C, Fire Red Metallic, Arctic White, Dark Sky Metallic (try and find that one!!) to name a few...
I wouldn't do that! :LOL: I do get passionate about color though, and color really says a lot about identity!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Deep Rosewood exterior with Saddle Calfnap leather inheritor was BEAUTY!!!

·
Jeepaholic
6,264 Posts
That’s quite a color palette! I’d be happy with almost any of those colors except for the mauves and pink. Our last 4 vehicles have been silver, black x 2, and white. We need some color for our next purchases.

Reactions: tlc

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
6,400 Posts
Still want my B5 Blue 68 Charger R/T Back. If you want a color palette, get the High impact chart.

·
Super Moderator
32,649 Posts
I saw a 68 Imperial once, around 1979 at a dealership, in Cedar Green Iridium, and it looked awesome.
I liked my mom's 66 Belvedere in Bronze Metallic (YY1 paint code) and my grandmother's 66 Newport in Scorch Red.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ram 2500
221 Posts
It has become a black, white, and shades of grey world when car shopping, and what is with every car having a black interior? I miss the blues, greens, yellows, and oranges for both the exterior and the interior. I love the beautiful colorful velour interiors of the 70s and 80s. We have ordered our last few cars, but there are still too few choices.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We are in the market for a new suv and would likely be a new Grand Cherokee except for the colors, inside and out. Five exterior colors (all shades of gray except for one) and black or near white interior in the trims I would consider. I want color and will change brands to get it. Greens, blues, browns, orange, anything but more grays.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally I like a matte Orange. It's sad so many companies dropped color. There are like 20 shades of Gray and not one actual color on some lots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I see a big reduction in color choices and nothing exciting. I hope this is not a sign of things to come with Stellantis. I hope they don't think they are Tesla or some Asian car manufacturer that only offers a few choices. I think The Wagoneer is supposed to get a green though.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,488 Posts
Colors are something the manufacturer spends a lot on studies for. Tastes do change with time.
I remember seeing a light green Volaré with a red interior and wondered how they let it leave the factory like that.

We went through an 'Earth' color period for interiors with tans and grays (camels and agates) during the '90's. It was good to see other colors come back.

Blue/green tinted glass can really emphasize a blue or green interior from the outside.

I had a service customer ask about ordering a black-on-black Imperial in the early '80's. It wasn't offered that way, although it would have looked very rat-pack. I believe Cadillac and Lincoln still offered black-on-black.

Lava was a nice color in the mid-00's. It was a very ruddy red/deep maroon. almost a brown. Very formal-looking.

P.S. - My '66 Imperial was Spanish red. I guess it was a time when everything Spanish was fashionable and romantic.

The chrome gingerbread gave way to black trim for the Euro-look. The GTC trims were mono-chrome outside with two-tone interiors.

What's in store? Stellantis Advance Color & Materials:

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Registered
780 Posts
I liked the 2018 color palate ballot that was teased for the Dodge brand...those names was cool.
Font Triangle Parallel Logo Poster

I don't remember which colors if any made it into production, but the Wicked Witch was my fave.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Green

Here is someones interpretation of Wicked Witch green...I absolutely love it!
Hat Fedora Sun hat Headgear Entertainment

1 - 20 of 69 Posts