Allpar Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
86 Posts
Our 21 Wrangler is Firecracker Red and it totally stands out in todays ocean of black, gray, white & silver. We can find it in a parking lot NP. Now I am sort of wishing we'd gone with tan for the interior and soft top since I saw one with that combo. The Sarge Green is also very sharp, especially kitted out with tan.

What I find funny is that we get so many compliments on this Jeep from our neighbors and random people. People tell me "Oh, I'd love to have one like it' yet they drive a boring gray small Mercedes or white Audi SUV. I don't know what is stopping them... obviously they could afford it so I don't know why they stick to dull cars. Life is too short to drive boring cars.

I was a kid in the 60s and early 70s and I remember all the outstanding colors on the Mopars (and Fords & GMs) of the day. They could be had with many different interior colors. Our family ride was a 71 Chrysler 300, April Green Metallic with a white vinyl top and interior. That car stood out. To this day I love white interiors. My B5 Duster has a Blue & White interior and the thing totally pops. That is one of the things I would suggest Chrysler tries. Be a leader again in design and color. Stand out. Don't blend in.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,450 Posts
Our 21 Wrangler is Firecracker Red and it totally stands out in todays ocean of black, gray, white & silver. We can find it in a parking lot NP. Now I am sort of wishing we'd gone with tan for the interior and soft top since I saw one with that combo. The Sarge Green is also very sharp, especially kitted out with tan.

What I find funny is that we get so many compliments on this Jeep from our neighbors and random people. People tell me "Oh, I'd love to have one like it' yet they drive a boring gray small Mercedes or white Audi SUV. I don't know what is stopping them... obviously they could afford it so I don't know why they stick to dull cars.
I've heard the same and never understood it. Mostly they buy what dealers have on the lot or they're afraid of lease residuals.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Damn. I like that bright Ford interior.
It seems like other company's are playing catch up with Mopar interiors... mostly with Ram, but when I see the reviews we'll see if they stack up in quality too.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,450 Posts
Motor Trend was surprisingly critical of Tundra vs Ram in that regard. I was quite surprised. They also preferred Ram ride. I thought it interesting GM was not even mentioned. The Tundra hybrid is a Big Deal, IMHO.

·
Jeepaholic
6,265 Posts

What I find funny is that we get so many compliments on this Jeep from our neighbors and random people. People tell me "Oh, I'd love to have one like it' yet they drive a boring gray small Mercedes or white Audi SUV. I don't know what is stopping them... obviously they could afford it so I don't know why they stick to dull cars. Life is too short to drive boring cars.

I was a kid in the 60s and early 70s and I remember all the outstanding colors on the Mopars (and Fords & GMs) of the day. They could be had with many different interior colors. Our family ride was a 71 Chrysler 300, April Green Metallic with a white vinyl top and interior. That car stood out. To this day I love white interiors. My B5 Duster has a Blue & White interior and the thing totally pops. That is one of the things I would suggest Chrysler tries. Be a leader again in design and color. Stand out. Don't blend in.
Why do people buy boring cars? Because they’re usually comfortable as a daily driver. Wranglers aren’t comfortable for many people, they aren’t for everyone. They may fantasize about having one, but they’d complain if they actually had it.

My TJ was Flame Red, and I really liked that color. I wouldn’t mind having red again, or green…heck they’re aren’t many colors I don’t like for a Wrangler. However, after having multiple black, silver and white vehicles, I’m ready for some actual color again.

The Tundra still wins the ugliest truck of the year award.
I doubt many Toyota’s are purchased solely based on the strength of their styling. They’re measured in other ways…perceived quality, reliability, dealer experience. Styling is probably last on the list of considerations, and seems to be low on Toyota’s priority list as well. Lol.

Reactions: tlc and HotCarNut

·
Registered
63 Posts
With odd timing the Paint, Fabric, and Wheel Guide was delivered today. Stallantis sent 10 of them! That is unheard of. I usually get three or four. So I doled them out to help folks help customers by having the info at hand.

The guide is okay as it lists the codes for the rims and paint but there isn't much mention about the actual rubber per model and rim. There will be one paint code. So only one colour but there are a handful of different names per colour.

Paint code PRV. Red Pearl for most of the trucks.
Code PRV Velvet Red Pearl on the 300, Pacifica, Caravan, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee (plus the L), and Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer.
Code PRV Octane Red Pearl on the Challenger, Charger, and Durango.
Paint code PRV is Snazzberry on the Wrangler and Gladiator.
Also, code PRV Delmonico Red Pearl gets listed as a 1500 DS Classic but I think that is name trickery on the invoice level. Delmonico might show on the VON but delivered as Red Pearl on the VIN invoice.

The Ram Cab and Chassis wins for the most available paint colours. Twelve standard colours and 20 specialty paint colours. They mess with the names of the paint code shows. P61 is officially called Agriculture Red. It was referred to as Case Red with P72 Holland Blue also available on some attempt of a Farmer Edition. The Holland blue was a exclusive paint for the heavy duty cab and chassis.. I've seen the paint in person once only. There has been least three attempts to find a solid selling blue colour for the HD in the past few years.. Hydro Blue and Patriot Blue currently. Electric Blue was available for about two years.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
PBM is Indigo Blue on the Charger and Challenger, but Ocean Blue on the Pacifica and 300.

I absolutely love my Sinamon Stick Charger (PEC). I see PBM ones everywhere but have yet to see another Sinamon in any trim. I believe it was "Canyon Sunset" on the 300 but never saw one in person to verify that, either.

She looks awesome in person, pictures don't do the color justice. I find it way more dynamic in person than Octane and Hellraisin, which look great in pictures but in person... fell flat to me, honestly.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
86 Posts
PBM is Indigo Blue on the Charger and Challenger, but Ocean Blue on the Pacifica and 300.

I absolutely love my Sinamon Stick Charger (PEC). I see PBM ones everywhere but have yet to see another Sinamon in any trim. I believe it was "Canyon Sunset" on the 300 but never saw one in person to verify that, either.

She looks awesome in person, pictures don't do the color justice. I find it way more dynamic in person than Octane and Hellraisin, which look great in pictures but in person... fell flat to me, honestly.

View attachment 82905
Beautiful car, man.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Let's try something: I'll give everyone in this thread a hypothetical model lineup, and you either create new color names, or bring back old color names that you think would suit the models:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts