Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Radioactive
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to buy a new set of plates when my front plate went missing in a car wash.

Is there a plate holder available for the front of this car? I have seen some other forums mention them, but I have not see any in the wild!

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
No front plate bracket is common if the car was from a state that did not require a front plate. The fascia should have 2 small dimples to mark the bracket screw locations.
PCRMike, does your kit have a slip of paper with a Chrysler part number on it? That can be Googled for results.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,903 Posts
Jeff2KPatriotBlue said:
Just the plate... I bought it used and there was no holder. Plate is just screwed onto the bumper.
Both of our Journey's (2009 & 2010) didn't have a bracket. The license plate is simply bolted to the bumper. Virginia does require front and rear plates.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,903 Posts
Spotted a '12 Journey today while I was running around. The '12 does have a front license bracket. Definitely different than the '09-'10 versions.

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts
Are you a regular at this car wash and did you notify them of a missing plate? They usually don't have a problem buying a customer a plate frame and/or tag.
I've had paint scratches after using a car wash and won't use them any more.

·
Radioactive
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I did let them know, but it was in the context "if you find it, give me a call".

The replacement plates were just $15... they have "photo radar" and "red light cams" here, so reporting plates as missing is a priority.

In the mean time, I have switched to the "presure wash" style car wash... actually, I haven't been to a car-wash since... the brush one was just so convienient, and they has a "season pass" deal that made it hard to pass up.

:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Jeff, I don't see a listing for a front plate bracket in the 2010 catalog. What I have done in the past is bring a box of plate brackets out to the vehicle and let the customer choose what they felt would be a best fit.

Steven

1 - 14 of 14 Posts