Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im trying to fix my 2007 pt cruiser. it's a limited. my question is does the lift gate and rear bumper froma 2000-2001 fit? It looks the same. but when I look online it says only 2001-05 for one and 2006+ other. I am almost certain the rear bumper will align from what I have read and I know they are different it look but I dont mind Just trying to get this fixed fast and cheap car was rear ended hard.

Also. Side note.. I found a ptuning i believe was brand supercharged pt at the local JY. Is it work getting. Might need rebuild i dont know for sure.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Welcome to Allpar! We have a pretty extensive sister site here, ptcruizer.com, dedicated to these vehicles. According to the site, the second-generation PT used the same chassis (unibody) with updated front and rear sheetmetal. What I interpret this as is the car was "facelifted" between '05 and '06, with the underlying dimensions remaining the same. From looking at pictures, it seems like this is the case. Your body panels may not line up, but everything SEEMS like it should fit. I've never owned a PT and I haven't ever replaced the liftgate and bumper on one, or even measured the lift gates of '01-'05 and '06+ versions, but the evidence seems to suggest that it would work mechanically (aesthetics is a completely different story). Best of luck!
http://www.ptcruizer.com/pt-cruiser-2006.html

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
If it's cheap enough then I'd be willing to try it if I were in your shoes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts