Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
With the popularity of half-ton trucks as daily drivers along with the prevalence of independent, sport-tuned rear suspensions, I don't forsee towing being a priority in cars. I can see it for SUVs, even maybe for crossovers, but since most buyers of cars never put a hitch on the car I don't think that it's a high priority for the manufacturers. If they do choose to augment towing then I expect commercial-capable platforms like minivans to get attention first.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Well, as you've expressed your dissatisfaction with your Challenger's published towing specifications, I sometimes wonder if they just don't really even evaluate a given platform for towing, and pick an artificially low rating just to give it one. But, I don't know for sure obviously...

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
A gentleman's hotrod would be a 300, not a Challenger, in my opinion.

I actually fully support all vehicles being capable of towing at least something. In my state trailers do not have to be insured and the permanent registration plates are only a one-time $125. This means that it's a lot cheaper to keep a small utility trailer on one's property for occasional use than it is to keep a pickup truck, which has to be insured and has to have its registration renewed... Plus can have more go wrong with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.