Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at Carlisle for this year, and saw a listing for a Phantom R/T in class #197, Turbo III only. I have never heard that name. Is is a Canada or Mexico only vehicle?? Never been to Carlisle and have already got plans to go for this year, so I stumbled upon this just looking at what class to enter.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hmmm...
Okay, think I found what your talking about. Looks like they made a Chrysler version of the Spirit R/T which they named the Phantom, it was essentially a LeBaron coupe with the same motor as the Spirit R/T. Don't know how accurate that is, but search around the site if you want more info.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right. Last time I looked on that article, it only listed the LeBaron R/T for mexico.

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
It was a Mexico only thing. Pretty much a Turbo III Lebaron with a nicer trim package. Digital dash, leather, ATC, power everything.

The cool thing about it is that people actually come up south of the border to come to the Chrysler Nationals to show off these cars. Here are some good photos of one:

http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/willis_longs_phantom

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
All the LeBaron J body ( US ) coupes were "Phantoms" in Mexico. The R/T is quite rare and would be a very special car to hold onto since the US version was the Dodge "Spirit" R/T with the same engine and there were no 2 door US variants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts