Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I realize this is a Mopar forum, but I'm at my little wits end trying to find the right specifications for what my OHMS should be for my fuel injectors.

I'm getting a 12.3 on the 1st injector.
I'm getting a 12.4 on the 2nd injector.
I'm getting a 12.6 on the 3rd injector.
I'm getting a 0.0 on the 4th injector.

And yes, my car is running like Doo Doo.
I just drove 10 miles and used a 1/4 of a tank, and I'm a long ways from work. I have to get this done today. I have to get to work.

I know how to clean the injectors. Just gotta teach myself how to remove the one bad injector. No money or I would take it to a mechanic.

This is on my 2005 Ford Focus ST-ZX4.
Four cylinder, DOHC, 2.0L.

Please? Any help or anything I can get the information from?

Thank you

Caroline

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
. . . I realize this is a Mopar forum, but I'm at my little wits end trying to find the right specifications for what my OHMS should be for my fuel injectors. . . . .
This post should probably be in the non-Mopar forum area though we are glad to assist in any way possible.

. . . I know how to clean the injectors. Just gotta teach myself how to remove the one bad injector. No money or I would take it to a mechanic. . . .
Do a search under YouTube for Ford Focus injector removal. It will show the procedure and then you can decide if you are up to the task.

·
Super Moderator
32,051 Posts
So, from the resistance readings, the 4th injector is short-circuited and therefore will not fire.
Generally, to replace an injector, you relieve the fuel system pressure by one of several ways. You can jumper 12V across a good injector, or wait a day or two until the pressure bleeds down. Then disconnect the battery. I recommend goggles and gloves when working on the fuel system. Unplug the bad injector. Then it usually clips in place between the fuel rail and intake manifold. Be sure the old O-ring comes out completely and that the new one is lubed with engine oil before installing the injector. Make sure it's clipped tightly in place. Plug in the new one, hook up the battery, and turn key to ON without cranking engine. Check for leaks. If none, start engine and check for leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This post should probably be in the non-Mopar forum area though we are glad to assist in any way possible.

Do a search under YouTube for Ford Focus injector removal. It will show the procedure and then you can decide if you are up to the task.

Thank you All and. U-toob was my next stop. Quick question for you: do you know where I can find the specs for where the OHMS should be set for my FoundOnRoadDead Focus?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
. . . . do you know where I can find the specs for where the OHMS should be set for my FoundOnRoadDead Focus? . . .
You have the best resource before you for the resistance specification in fuel injectors on your Ford Focus. The three other injectors show a resistance in the range of 12.3 - 12.6 ohms. So a replacement injector should be within that range. There is no resistance setting adjustment that you need or can make on the injector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, from the resistance readings, the 4th injector is short-circuited and therefore will not fire.... tightly in place. Plug in the new one, hook up the battery, and turn key to ON without cranking engine. Check for leaks. If none, start engine and check for leaks.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I have already removed the #12 fuse and the Negative cable. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the 12.3 ohms, 12.4 ohms, and 12.6 ohms is close enough to correct for my engine? And the 0.0 ohms, of course, is not. Even. Close. ;-(

I am getting a P0316 (full circuit) P0204, P0304, misfire #4, etc.

After the work is complete, do I need to reset idle memory by removing negative cable and short circuit the positive to the negative while the negative cable is off the post?

Thank you for your help and that forum RoCkS!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*** THIS Forum RoCkS!! (Not that...)

**** AllanC, not All and .

So sorry for the incorrect Auto Correct!! Sometimes technology really tanks ... !

·
KOG
7,035 Posts
Focus? Bofus?

Shouldn't need to reset anything. You could clear codes with a reader, but won't affect the way it runs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts