Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the cabin air filter located on an '02 PT? I took off the plastic cowling and it exposed the Windshield Washer Plastic Bottle. Behind the bottle is a 7"x4" hole underneath a plastic shield that must be removed. The hole looks like it goes down into the passenger compartment. There is no filter in it or on top of it.

The Cabin Filter I purchased from Napa #224725 is 9" x 4 1/2". The instructions say to take off the plastic cowling on the passenger side and replace the filter. Are there different sizes for the '02?

Quite confusing as I found a site that shows the Washer Bottle on the Driver's Side and claims the filter is behind the washer bottle after you take off the plastic cowling on the driver's side. Is this a PT that was made for another country with Right Hand Drive?

All help greatly appreciated~~~~~Ron

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
You might need to get the box the filter normally goes into. The filter is on the passenger side. I had a 2003 model and the box was there, without the filter in it! The instructions were right.

I think there's a single size. I don't recall if the box was open or closed.

I can't believe I didn't photograph this for http://ptcruizer.com/repairs-pt-cruiser.html
Side note, though, here are some helpful hints http://ptcruizer.com/faq.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to stray, but this reminded me to ask. Is the cabin air filter one of the things lost in the "downgrading" of the 06 and newer? I noticed a filter while browsing Rockauto, but haven't found one, and the owner's manual does not mention it.

Thanks,

Michael
o6 PTGT vert

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RoscoPT said:
Where is the cabin air filter located on an '02 PT? I took off the plastic cowling and it exposed the Windshield Washer Plastic Bottle. Behind the bottle is a 7"x4" hole underneath a plastic shield that must be removed. The hole looks like it goes down into the passenger compartment. There is no filter in it or on top of it.

The Cabin Filter I purchased from Napa #224725 is 9" x 4 1/2". The instructions say to take off the plastic cowling on the passenger side and replace the filter. Are there different sizes for the '02?

Quite confusing as I found a site that shows the Washer Bottle on the Driver's Side and claims the filter is behind the washer bottle after you take off the plastic cowling on the driver's side. Is this a PT that was made for another country with Right Hand Drive?

All help greatly appreciated~~~~~Ron

I solved the great mystery. My '02 did not come with the Filter Kit (plastic housing for filter). I'll have to search for a Filter Kit (housing and filter). Thanks to everyone!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought the cabin air filter was actually inside the cabin. Usually they are located behind the glove box inside the car? No? Yes? I will have to dig into mine today to find it. I have a 2005 and I know I have never changed the cabin filter. However, I am a non-smoker and do not have A/C in my car, so mine might be a little different, but I really have no idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts