1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Not sure, but that is one cool truck!

·
Registered
491 Posts
At $4 a gallon for diesel here in Silicon Valley in California it would be $648 ($4 x 162 gallons) to fill up this bad boy. No thank you, lol.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Saw one last year here in SW Idaho. Privately owned, and interesting. Probabhly aftermarket built. Our diesel is $3.52, not subject to California disease.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
"At $4 a gallon for diesel here in Silicon Valley in California it would be $648 ($4 x 162 gallons) to fill up this bad boy. No thank you, lol. "

Yes, but on that one tank you could drive from San Jose to New York City, then head back to have dinner in St. Louis, before you needed to fill up again. Your fuel cost for that trip remains constant, making it actually less expensive than multiple fill-ups.
You have't spent more, you just spent it at once place instead of 7.

Last summer I drove 5,890 miles in one shot. It would have been nice to have the freedom to select my stops and not be at the mercy of my fuel tank limit.

Reactions: guyverfanboy

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
.. the gas is still above 4$ here for diesel.. lots of big-rigs here though.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
"Yes, but on that one tank you could drive from San Jose to New York City, then head back to have dinner in St. Louis, before you needed to fill up again. Your fuel cost for that trip remains constant, making it actually less expensive than multiple fill-ups.

Last summer I drove 5,890 miles in one shot. It would have been nice to have the freedom to select my stops and not be at the mercy of my fuel tank limit"

Excellent point that I did not even think of.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Jaime said:
Excellent point that I did not even think of.
Thank you!

Some folks think I am here to argue, but if you cut me, I bleed Mopar Blue, or Dodge Red as the case may be. I'm here to make folks think, not blindly follow. ;)

Reactions: Detonator Yellow

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The front suspension doesn't look the same as the new HDs. Am I missing something? On the new HDs, you see that lower control arm (not sure that's what it's called) and in these spy photos I don't see it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
MoparNorm said:
"At $4 a gallon for diesel here in Silicon Valley in California it would be $648 ($4 x 162 gallons) to fill up this bad boy. No thank you, lol. "

Yes, but on that one tank you could drive from San Jose to New York City, then head back to have dinner in St. Louis, before you needed to fill up again. Your fuel cost for that trip remains constant, making it actually less expensive than multiple fill-ups.

Last summer I drove 5,890 miles in one shot. It would have been nice to have the freedom to select my stops and not be at the mercy of my fuel tank limit.
The most miles I ever did was a cross country trip with my wife from San Jose to Raleigh, NC to Washingto DC and back again. About 7k miles total. I had refill about ever 400 miles in my Rav4 (that I do not have any longer).

This is why I want a diesel Grand Cherokee or a diesel Wrangler Unlimited. I would be able to drive farther and not fill up as often.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dakrt99 said:
The front suspension doesn't look the same as the new HDs. Am I missing something? On the new HDs, you see that lower control arm (not sure that's what it's called) and in these spy photos I don't see it.
Its been around for a year or two so mostly likely based on the Gen 4 Ram.

·
Registered
113 Posts
But Norm.. Your so fun to argue with lol

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Yeah, and if you actually found fuel for a decent price, it would show in the wallet, not just until next stop six hours down the road. Hey, might even be able to get a discount for volume. Hahahahahaha.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Ramfan said:
But Norm.. Your so fun to argue with lol
:lol:

Unfortunately, some take it personally, but it's all good.

There are 21 Mopar Products in my household, including 2 Children, and 3 siblings and in-laws. All because of my influence. I may complain but I put my money where my mouth is. ;)

Reactions: UN4GTBL
T

·
0 Posts
Yes Norm, I too bleed Mopar blue as well, but apparently some people within the corp cannot, as the motorsports section has had one of the threads locked because some people couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen. LOL Wait till the Cherokee debuts!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
Yes Norm, I too bleed Mopar blue as well, but apparently some people within the corp cannot, as the motorsports section has had one of the threads locked because some people couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen. LOL Wait till the Cherokee debuts!
When I pushed those 14 Mopar's (7 are mine) onto family members, I have to believe what I say. I'm not a high volume saleperson, I'm a trusted family member who will have to see those people every day. Family, friends, folks in my work circle, they trust my word and if I go all rah rah on them and talk them into a pile, I'm not only going to hear about, I'm going to lose that trust.

When I believe in a product, you'll know it.

My two articles on the Chrysler LLC web page speak to both Brand Loyalty and the quality of the product, they are the most read and commented upon articles ever posted by Chrysler on their web page.
Each Chrysler product has to earn my praise, but once it does, I'm all in.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
MoparNorm said:
When I pushed those 14 Mopar's (7 are mine) onto family members, I have to believe what I say. I'm not a high volume saleperson, I'm a trusted family member who will have to see those people every day. Family, friends, folks in my work circle, they trust my word and if I go all rah rah on them and talk them into a pile, I'm not only going to hear about, I'm going to lose that trust.

When I believe in a product, you'll know it.

My two articles on the Chrysler LLC web page speak to both Brand Loyalty and the quality of the product, they are the most read and commented upon articles ever posted by Chrysler on their web page.
Each Chrysler product has to earn my praise, but once it does, I'm all in.
Link them for all Allparians to read!

·
Administrator
35,245 Posts
My understanding is that people were running off their mouths with inaccurate claims. A friend within the corporation requested that we close it down to avoid increasing the amount of inaccuracy in the world (and on Allpar). We complied with this because, well, we'd like to be right more than wrong.

Moving on, we reported something similar a few months ago, and it's quite likely they did indeed choose to wait for the current generation. It will be a while, I suspect, because they have to ramp up production of the new Ram HDs and fill the pipeline before coming out with new stuff.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts