Allpar Forums banner

Look at all the Ford trucks parked around Kentucky Speedway waiting for parts

1296 12
Ford is using the inactive Kentucky Speedway as a storage facility. And you can see the trucks in the parking lots surrounding the speedway from space.

Motor vehicle Organism Font Urban design Terrestrial plant
Motor vehicle Organism Font Urban design Terrestrial plant
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Can’t even blame it on chips as thousands are missing the ford logo

sorry Sir your truck is going to be 6 months late, unless you let us put tape and write Ford on there with magic markers 😂😂😂😂

Serious question though, I wonder how many are super duty trucks and will be sitting there as they launch the next generation of super duty

·
Registered
12,122 Posts
Can’t even blame it on chips as thousands are missing the ford logo

sorry Sir your truck is going to be 6 months late, unless you let us put tape and write Ford on there with magic markers 😂😂😂😂

Serious question though, I wonder how many are super duty trucks and will be sitting there as they launch the next generation of super duty
The supply chain shortage extends far beyond chips.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,626 Posts
How would you like to take delivery of one of these, some of which will be sitting out there for months, or possibly longer. I'm sure their excellent PR spin doctors will explain it away somehow.

·
Jeepaholic
7,063 Posts
It does mean at some point their sales figures will be enormously high
It’s a bit like being constipated…you’re all backed up but sooner or later you pass a big…..um….load of vehicles. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: tlc and Michael3

·
Super Moderator
21,020 Posts
How would you like to take delivery of one of these, some of which will be sitting out there for months, or possibly longer. I'm sure their excellent PR spin doctors will explain it away somehow.
It has happened before. There’s a good chance anyone who bought a late 70s Chrysler off the lot bought a sales bank car which could have been sitting a while. It happened again under DCX but wasn’t as bad.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,626 Posts
It has happened before. There’s a good chance anyone who bought a late 70s Chrysler off the lot bought a sales bank car which could have been sitting a while. It happened again under DCX but wasn’t as bad.
I bought my first new vehicle out of the sales bank in 1979. It was very publicized that Chrysler was going down the tubes at that time.

·
Jeepaholic
7,063 Posts
This was posted on August 11th, but it appears the chip shortage will go on for a bit longer, and vehicles will still be waiting for chips (amongst other things).

We’re going to get a lot more semiconductor capacity in the second half of 2022 – we’re nearing the end of the supply crunch” said Sandeep Deshpande, Head of European Technology Research. “However, capacity still needs to be qualified for use in the automotive industry. Can the right matching occur between available supply and correct qualification? This is the difficulty that remains. If there wasn’t this issue, I would be of the opinion that things could be normal by the end of the year.”

1 - 13 of 13 Posts