Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a later A/C system (1994 Sundance) in my 1986 Lebaron convertible. I thought at one time someone made some nice O-ring style updated gaskets for these systems due to the propensity of the stamped rubber coated ones to leak. I was able to find a pair of the receiver/drier ones at our local NAPA store. The ones I am primarily trying to find are the ones at the compressor suction and discharge ports. The hose set and compressor I got from Pick-n-Pull in Virginia Beach had some nice approximately 1 mm thick metal ones with a molded in rubber seal. So far I have been unable to find anything like them or an aftermarket set with replaceable O-rings like I found for the receiver/drier. I would really like to find all the gaskets in this style, but some I know it will be a stretch. The OEM part numbers are 4540157 for discharge and 4540158 for suction.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
RockAuto or NAPA has them.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NAPA does not, been up to the store, they did have the good ones for the receiver/drier though. As for RockAuto, again everything is the stamped aluminum rubber covered ones. I have seen them in the past, but I guess after Chrysler went to the nice plug together aluminum fittings with O-rings and a bolt or stud through them they seem to have vanished,

Thanks for the reply though, maybe I need an edge on view to show the difference.

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Text Product Font Auto part Diagram

Reactions: 85lebaront2

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Alternately:
Product Text Font Logo Furniture

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, the second one is what I am finding, the first one is for a single bolt flange, probably the style my 1993 Grand Caravan or one of my two T&Cs (2003 and 2005) used when Chrysler went to the thicker flange on the aluminum lines. Mine are the steel lines. Thanks for trying!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts