Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to begin restoration of our family 1949 Plymouth Suburban. Yes, I said "family". It was purchased new by my great grandfather, passed down to my grandfather, then my father, my sister and now my wife and me.

Any way, I think I need to drop the fuel tank and clean it out before I start on the engine. I saw a My Classic Car episode that recommended purchasing a replacement tank if possible... so I thought this forum might be a good place to start my search. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
krmillerjr said:
I am about to begin restoration of our family 1949 Plymouth Suburban. Yes, I said "family". It was purchased new by my great grandfather, passed down to my grandfather, then my father, my sister and now my wife and me.

Any way, I think I need to drop the fuel tank and clean it out before I start on the engine. I saw a My Classic Car episode that recommended purchasing a replacement tank if possible... so I thought this forum might be a good place to start my search. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Good luck although if you can't find a decent used/NOS tank; gas tank Renu might be able to take your existing tank and coat the interior. :)

Or you might have to 'bite the bullet' and have a custom gas tank made.............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts