Allpar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a little survey checking to see if any of the '06 and newer Charger police cars have started trickling out of service and into civillian hands. I'm interested in seeing what's out there, what they are going for, and what mechanical/reliability issues they might have. Also looking for specs (specifically option codes) for DCX police vehicles.

I've been in the GM 300 (b-body) crowd for about ten years and have enjoyed numerous Caprice 9C1s and am considering a Charger to fill the void of modern times.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not a single one, huh?

Can someone advise about the Charger police package option codes?

·
Registered
266 Posts
What state are you in? I'm in the northeast and have the contract for part sales to the state of New Hampshire. If you are serious about looking to buy an old police car, let me know. I will find out when they might be planning to retire some. As for the sales codes they can differ from one car to the next. It all depends on what was selected when they were ordered.

Steven

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What state are you in? I'm in the northeast and have the contract for part sales to the state of New Hampshire. If you are serious about looking to buy an old police car, let me know. I will find out when they might be planning to retire some. As for the sales codes they can differ from one car to the next. It all depends on what was selected when they were ordered.

Steven
I'm in Indiana.

The codes I'm looking for are the Service Parts Identification codes, like RPOs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you want me to see when they may retire some of these cars?

A sample build sheet for one of the cars:

*X5 HD Cloth Bucket Seats w/Vinyl Rear
-DB Dk/Lt Slate Grey
0BF FAM: LX TRACKING: 41007L02 MY:2006
0BW FAM: LX TRACKING: 50322L08 MY:2006
0BX FAM: LX TRACKING: 41220LEXACMY:2006
0CP FAM: LX TRACKING: 50623LMCAE MY:2006
132 Zone 32-New York
1AL U.S. State/Local Bid
29A Customer Preferred Package 29A
2DA Customer Preferred Package 2DA
3AY Price Protection - Code Y
4DH Prepaid Holdback
4EA Sold Vehicle
4FA Special Bid-Ineligible For Incentive
4FM Fleet Option Editor
4FT Fleet Sales Order
4FX Special Order
4HF Special Scheduling Condition VI
4KA Special Bid Handling
594 Vehicle Order Tracking
5I3 Dodge
5I8 Left Hand Drive (LHD)
5YE LX-Vehicle Family
5ZB Price Class H (Dodge)
5ZR Four Door (1-Box)
5ZV Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
630 New Hampshire State Code
6US Label - U.S. Specifications
7S8 Open
930 New Hampshire State Code
AHB Police Group
AHV Special Service Group
APA Monotone Paint
BAB 160 Amp Alternator
BCF 800 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BGE Emergency Brake Assist
BNB Electronic Stability Program
BNP All Speed Traction Control
BR8 4-Wheel Disc Heavy Duty Brakes
BTB All Vehicles With ABS Brakes
CDU Manual Driver &&&& Pass Lumbar Adjust
CF4 Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorages
CFW Rear Seat
CG3 Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags**
CG6 Center Rear 3-Point Seat Belt
CGD Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts
CHK Base Headliner Module
CKD Floor Carpet
CKL Vinyl Trunk Liner &&&& Cover
CLE Front &&&& Rear Floor Mats
CSR Passenger Assist Handles
CUM Mini Floor Console
CV8 Column Mount Automatic Shift Lever
CW6 Deactivate Rear Doors/Windows
CXC All Vehicles with Cloth Seats
DGJ 5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission
DHA Lock-Up Torque Converter
DHD AutoStick ® Automatic Transmission
DMB 2.82 Axle Ratio
EZB 5.7L Hemi Multi Displacement Engine
GAM Solar Control Glass
GBC Front &&&& Rear Solar Control Glass
GFA Rear Window Defroster
GNA Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNE Right Sun Visor w/Mirror
GTF Power Mirrors
GXR Keyless Entry
GXT Rear Door Child Protection Locks
GXX Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
HAA Air Conditioning
JAA Instrument Panel
JAY Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JCC 160 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJB Dual Note Electric Horns
JKW 12V Center Console Power Outlet
JKY Power Accessory Delay
JPC Power Trunklid Release
JPD Power Windows, Driver One-Touch
JPH Speed Sensitive Power Locks
JPR Power 8-Way Driver Seat
K78 Do not Install Front Door Molding
K7X BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL P/C - Mold
LAC Illuminated Entry
LAX Passenger Seat Belt Alert
LBG Front Reading/Map Lamps
LDA Underhood Lamp
LDC Trunk Lamp
LMB Halogen Headlamps
LNF Black Left Spot Lamp
LPS CHMSL Lamp
LSA Security Alarm
MDA Front License Plate Bracket
MFA Black Headlamp Bezel
MGA Ram's Head Badge
MHA Black Windshield Moldings
MNK Body Color Door Handles
MT1 Charger Badge
MUD Dodge I.D. Badge
NAS 50 State Emissions
NB5 Federal Tier 2, Bin 5 Emissions
NEA Performance Exhaust
NER Rear Dual Exhaust
NFK 19 Gallon w/Tethered Cap Fuel Tank
NHA Engine Oil Cooler
NHM Speed Control
NMS Severe Duty Engine Cooling
NZ5 High Speed Engine Controller
PXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
QXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
RCD 4 Speakers
RDL Integrated in Rear Window Antenna
REF AM/FM Compact Disc Radio w/Chgr Ctrl
SBP Performance Steering
SCA Steering Wheel
SDD Performance Suspension
SER Load Leveling and Height Control
SUA Tilt Steering Column
TBW Full Size Matching Whl Spare Tire
TWM TIRES - P225/60R18 BSW PERFORMANCE
TZC Continental Brand Tires
WEJ 18X7.5 Steel Wheels
WLY All Steel Wheels
WMH Bright Hub Caps
XA8 Non Adjustable Pedals
XAX Timer
XCA Occupant Classification System
XFX Equipment Mounting Bracket
XJG Non Locking Fuel Filler Cap
XSL Brake/Park Interlock
XZZ Mid Model Year Vehicle Tracking
YAA Build To U S Market Specifications
YEP Manuf Statement of Origin
YGV 4.5 Additional Gallons of Gas
Z2B GVW/Payload Rating
ZEU Spring - Left Rear
ZGD Spring - Left Front
ZTU Spring - Right Rear
ZVD Spring - Right Front

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, please let me know. It's a bit far for me, but I've gone pretty far for some Caprices before.

Thanks for the codes, that was what I was looking for I think. Where will these be found on the car? Is there a tag anywhere?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I get the codes with the vin from Mopar. They are not listed on the cars.

Steven

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get the codes with the vin from Mopar. They are not listed on the cars.

Steven

Forgive me, I'm not well versed with Chry-Co. I just assumed they had build sheets or SPID tags like the Chevy police cars do. Thanks for your info.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
North carolina Highway Patrol has sold a few already. They were around 12k and had about 75k miles. I think they have sold three so far, all unmarked in various colors. Check their website and give them a call, the gentleman there told me about a month ago that they had more coming out of service soon....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm doing a little survey checking to see if any of the '06 and newer Charger police cars have started trickling out of service and into civillian hands. I'm interested in seeing what's out there, what they are going for, and what mechanical/reliability issues they might have. Also looking for specs (specifically option codes) for DCX police vehicles.

I've been in the GM 300 (b-body) crowd for about ten years and have enjoyed numerous Caprice 9C1s and am considering a Charger to fill the void of modern times.
Well, I'm here, but you already knew that!

Car is an '07 Charger 29A (police package) with 30k miles. Yeah, its got a Hemi, and was originally in service with the Pleasant Grove Police Department in Utah. Body, paint, and interior are great for a car that was in service for over two years. Only problems are a hole in the roof from the light bar wiring harness, a few minor scratches and door marks (these will be repaired at the body shop when the hole is filled) and the sunglasses holder is busted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I'm here, but you already knew that!

Car is an '07 Charger 29A (police package) with 30k miles. Yeah, its got a Hemi, and was originally in service with the Pleasant Grove Police Department in Utah. Body, paint, and interior are great for a car that was in service for over two years. Only problems are a hole in the roof from the light bar wiring harness, a few minor scratches and door marks (these will be repaired at the body shop when the hole is filled) and the sunglasses holder is busted.
And it seems to want to top out at 139 MPH... at an undisclosed location. I was a bit disappointed. I think it should have broken 140, if not a bit faster.

Flipped the spot light up and over when it reached top end, which was interesting. I've heard they cut 2½ MPH off the top end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
$12k for a used cop car? Is that typical or do the Chargers fetch more? I noticed some county sheriffs in Utah run unmarked Chargers. CHP is just beginning to buy them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
$12k for a used cop car? Is that typical or do the Chargers fetch more?
I gave $17k for mine, but its just now three years old and only has 33k original miles (29k when I bought it). I'm sure a car that was in service for four years with 100k miles or over and considerably more wear and tear won't go for nearly as much. Chargers do seem to fetch a little more than their Ford or Chevrolet counterparts, and there seems to be a considerably more limited supply of them out there on the market. With the typical service life being approximately four years, however, the first 2006 Chargers are now coming out of service. This may drive the supply up and the price down.

A little maintenance update also; the brakes were slightly pulsing since I bought the car back in April. At first I thought it was just rusting on the rotors because it would get worse after the car sat after being washed. Then the screeching started, and it sure sounded like wear indicators to me. Last week I installed new pads and rotors on all four wheels. I used the best parts I could get; severe duty pads and ultra premium rotors all the way around. Easiest brake job I've ever done, and now the brakes are like new. I was a little puzzled however, as the pads I removed seemed to have a good amount of wear left in them. I can't tell if the old rotors are warped or not, but they don't appear to be severely damaged and look like they could be machined, although I haven't yet put the calipers on them to measure. I kept the stuff for spares just in case.

The car also had a set of well-worn Toyo Tourevo H-rated luxury touring tires on it when I bought it. They were all down to the wear indicators, sucked for driving in the rain, and there was significant shoulder wear on the fronts, especially the left front. I had a set of the original equipment Continental ContiProContact P225/60R18 V-rated tires mounted this week. The tire shop said that the tie rod ends were shot, which was causing the shoulder wear. They said it is a problem for Dodges. Later that day, I put on some new tie rod ends and had an alignment done the next day. Everything seems to be worked out now. So far, the jobs I've done on this car have been easy, but parts are not cheap!

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Apparently the 'halo effect' of the R/T and SRT8 Chargers is influencing the pricing of at least the retired Hemi police package vehicles. Too; FWD Impalas have virtually no following with the hotrodder/tuner crowd unlike Honda Civics, certain VW's, etc. hence killing their resale value.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i getting a new titanium 2009 hemi squad next week with a police console. can't wait to drive it. Selling my buddie a real nice postal inspector 04 crown vic i'm bored with.
Financing friend if anyone interested in either one. Wondering what power per $ mods people have made that don't touch the warranty. Seems like nitrous is great bang for buck
but assume voids warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i getting a new titanium 2009 hemi squad next week with a police console. can't wait to drive it. Selling my buddie a real nice postal inspector 04 crown vic i'm bored with.
Financing friend if anyone interested in either one. Wondering what power per $ mods people have made that don't touch the warranty. Seems like nitrous is great bang for buck
but assume voids warranty.
I can't think of a single reason I'd want to mod my Charger. Its plenty fast enough to get me killed the way it is.

Reactions: Bearhawke

·
Registered
682 Posts
Been seeing DFW area departments surplusing them via E-bay -- also you might want to check Gov't auction sites.

(www.lonestarauctions.com handles surplus for several states.)

They're fetching anywhere from $7500 to $22K on E-bay, based on ones that don't end up relisted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2009 dodge charger from a state auction. The car looks ands runs like it's brand new. I did have the do the basic repairs such as fill in the whole in the roof were the wiring went thru and brakes. The car came the the town of Old Saybrook Ct. There was only one advalible at the auction. There are 4 more getting ready to retire. There going for 7800.00 2009 dodge charger with about 68,000 miles. My question were I need some help is with the dash board and the floor console. I'm sure everyone ask the same thing. I'm looking to install a better stereo system and would like to install the mygig factory gps,DVD stereo but I'm going to need a factory face plate or dash kit and then I'm looking to some how blend in this floor in-between the two bucket seats were there's just a steel plate. Are there any other types of floor consoles besides the ones advalible on eBay or has anyone ever brought the car back to a specialty place that can dress it up with some type of a custom floor console? Any help or suggestions would be greatly so appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a 2009 dodge charger from a state auction. The car looks ands runs like it's brand new. I did have the do the basic repairs such as fill in the whole in the roof were the wiring went thru and brakes. The car came the the town of Old Saybrook Ct. There was only one advalible at the auction. There are 4 more getting ready to retire. There going for 7800.00 2009 dodge charger with about 68,000 miles. My question were I need some help is with the dash board and the floor console. I'm sure everyone ask the same thing. I'm looking to install a better stereo system and would like to install the mygig factory gps,DVD stereo but I'm going to need a factory face plate or dash kit and then I'm looking to some how blend in this floor in-between the two bucket seats were there's just a steel plate. Are there any other types of floor consoles besides the ones advalible on eBay or has anyone ever brought the car back to a specialty place that can dress it up with some type of a custom floor console? Any help or suggestions would be greatly so appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Are you wanting to keep it looking like a police package car inside, or do you want to go the retail-look route?

You could go with a model-specific console from Havis, and just install a bunch of blank plates in it with a couple cupholder modules and an armrest. They're well built and very customizable. Of course, it will still look like the inside of a cop car. About the only way you're going to be able to get away from that is by putting a retail OEM center console between the seats, but then, you're going to have an open slot where the floor shifter would go, so that may not be a good option.

I got lucky with my '07 AHB. It was a lease return, and the department left everything but the markings on the car, because they were intending it to be sold to another police agency. I actually had to ask the dealership to pull out the lightbar and siren before I went and picked it up. I am an LEO but I bought this as my personal car, so I don't need a full size light bar for any reason. They left the Havis console in between the seats, which is a lot nicer than the stock equipment mounting plate the car comes equippped with from the factory. I made good use of mine by installing some basic equipment in it, but that may not be what you are wanting to do. The Havis consoles are really nice, and they are built to bolt right in and work with the interior of the car with no modification. Unfortunately its always going to look like a police car interior unless you want to take the extreme measure of changing from a column shifter to a floor shifter and installing an OEM retail floor console, which I'm sure would be a very involved process.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts