Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to find my first car.. A 1972 Plymouth Duster VIN # VL29C2B393550

I had acquired the car when I was 16 in 1994.

Had it painted and the slant 6 swapped for a 360 with a 727 torqueflite backed up by a Ford 9 inch with posi. To complete that 70’s look it had cragars and functional sidepipes!

I had to part with the car in 2002 when living

in Kansas City, where I went to college. My now husband and I lost our jobs and had to move back to St Louis.

My classmates had seen the car around town for the next few years and then not at all..

I ended up with other cars, one being a ‘79 El Camino which is handy but the 350 just doesn’t perform like that mopar I had!

So long story short I’m asking how or the best way to go about finding a car I let go of so long ago.. I realize it may be drastically different now if still around or junked at some point and recycled into soup cans.. if so I’m at peace with that.. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You could sign up for a carfax account and enter the vin. You would be able to at least see the registration history and get an idea of where the car is.

·
Super Moderator
37,239 Posts
Carfax won’t track the shorter pre-1981 VINs.
Some states used to tell you info if you have them the VIN, but they stopped doing that.

Reactions: DC-93

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. You could hire a private investigator who can access national DMV registration databases to see if the VIN exists.
If information is found, privacy laws may prevent the disclosure of the owner's identity to you.
You may be best served by finding a Duster or Demon with a solid structure and cloning it to what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts