Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a gift for my wife who had a 1987 Plymouth Reliant K Car for years. Figured this would be a good place to ask for ideas.

I'm thinking about getting the Reliant K metal plate that's attached to the trunk of the car, but I know that's not the best of idea. Anyone have some better ones? Or at least a good place to look?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Chrysler makes a very nice "100,000 mile club" plate frame that you can get if the car had over 100k, just send them an email telling them about the car and how many miles it has/had. The badges are a good idea but they're not something that you're going to be able to get a hold of very easliy. Welcome aboard, by the way!

·
Registered
733 Posts
how is 100,000 miles a good thing lol? its 30 to 60 k from having to get a new car.

how about a model of the car? Or a supermodel on the car and take a picture? Or new floor mats that are made for the car.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
how is 100,000 miles a good thing lol? its 30 to 60 k from having to get a new car.
Not for me. These are the miles at which I got rid of my cars:

66 Plymouth Belvedere - 170,000
72 Dodge Dart - 174,000
85 Dodge Daytona - 157,000
92 Dodge Daytona - 308,200

At the time I have the vehicles and mileage that are in my signature, all run like new, as did all the cars that I got rid of.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have just under 100k the only reason it is not embarrassing to drive a old car with such high miles is the people who usually ask how many miles are on my car have a 2006 car with 130k on it. One guy starting picking on me for not having a new car until i pointed out his new car has more miles than me.

when my car hits 150k i will take it out back and shoot it...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
No reason to say that 150 is the absolute limit for a car. The K's were actually quite tough little machines. I don't think that driving a well-maintained older car is anything to be ashamed of. People don't usually see them in good condition, so yours is sort of unique.

·
Registered
733 Posts
to me yes. We were going to drive across state lines and my mom asked if were were taking my girlfriends car because mine was old but it has 60k less on it than my girlfriends car. old car = unreliable

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
An older vehicle is as reliable as the care and maintence it was given over its lifetime. Do nothing, its going to reflect that. End of discussion.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,685 Posts
when my car hits 150k i will take it out back and shoot it...
? Why? I had three K dirivatives (GTS & 2 Acclaims) that logged well over 200K (240K, 273K and 302K). And my '06 Ram has 157K on it.

No reason to say that 150 is the absolute limit for a car. The K's were actually quite tough little machines. I don't think that driving a well-maintained older car is anything to be ashamed of. People don't usually see them in good condition, so yours is sort of unique.
Somewhere I read that most modern cars are designed to last a minimum of 150K and most will probably last far longer so long as the proper maintenance is performed.

An older vehicle is as reliable as the care and maintence it was given over its lifetime. Do nothing, its going to reflect that. End of discussion.
Amen.

Most people get "tired" of their current ride well before it wears out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Shoot, I bought a good many of my cars with 100,000 miles on them.
The one I had the highest total on was a 1989 Olds 98. I sold that one with 320,000 on it, because I found a 4X4 I wanted. It still ran great.
My 1997 Plymouth Voyager has 225,000, bought in 2004 for $3495.

·
Registered
83 Posts
how about make her a tshirt or baseball cap

something like this assuming her name is cathy, alter as appropriate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts