Allpar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Valued Member
2,726 Posts
I remember when Chrysler was doing the Omni-Horizon program. They bought 79 Volkswagon Rabbits and divided them up between all the major departments to find out what made them tick!!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Are you sure this is not part of Peugeot's preparation for re-entering the US market?

·
Registered
15,097 Posts

·
Mopar Guru!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who said that?

Maybe Peugeot as a brand will not enter but PSA has intentions to do so.

IMO, likely brand choices are DS and Opel.

I am pretty sure either GM or FCA US has these vehicles in their pool of test vehicles. FCA US has a Citroen C4 Catcus, VW Saveiro Cross pickup and a Dacia Duster at CTC in the car pool just to name a few of non-NAFTA vehicles.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Who said that?

Maybe Peugeot as a brand will not enter but PSA has intentions to do so.

IMO, likely brand choices are DS and Opel.
Yes, the CEO said that he wants to make DS a global brand and that you cannot be global if you do not sell in the US. It is in the last link in post #6 here.

·
Valued Member
2,726 Posts

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
That's right................but we still bought 79 Rabbits (not model year) but actual cars to use for development and they were dispersed around the engineering center. If you read the article their is a short bit I wrote about this.
Auto companies often do product comparisons with their competitors new product.
The first Mustang i ever saw on the road was drvin home by Chevy engineer lived across the street. And first Barracuda i saw on road was brought home by Chevy suspensions engineer next door. I don’t think dad had even seen one on the street yet. Both dad and the Chevy engineers couldn’t believe how cheaply Ford built the Stang.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts