Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 quadcab w 4.7L

I keep getting loose gas cap codes P0406 & P0407 says minor emission leak Loose gas cap So far I have spent over $300.00 at the dealer to resolve this issue, Including a new fuel cap (OEM) a complete software update, a smoke test got it back no code for 4 days now it's throwing the same codes again. it seems to happen when first started when cold once warmed up it doesn't code but does continue to light up Gas cap loose at odometer light area. I'm at a loss where to go from here on occasion I also get the deep code of P0007 any input would be nice thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
(?) P0406 is an EGR fault code, not related to an evaporative emission leak.
P0407 is also an EGR fault code, but not listed for this vehicle in the service manual.
P0007 is a fuel shutoff valve fault code and also not listed for this vehicle in the service manual.
A loose fuel cap would be fault code P0457.
You need to take it back to the dealer and leave the 'ck eng' light on (don't erase the codes!) for them so they can re-diagnose this from the beginning.
Either you or they have the wrong information.
Explain that they should waive any diagnostic or minimum shop charges as you have already paid it once.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImperialCrown said:
(?) P0406 is an EGR fault code, not related to an evaporative emission leak.
P0407 is also an EGR fault code, but not listed for this vehicle in the service manual.
P0007 is a fuel shutoff valve fault code and also not listed for this vehicle in the service manual.
A loose fuel cap would be fault code P0457.
You need to take it back to the dealer and leave the 'ck eng' light on (don't erase the codes!) for them so they can re-diagnose this from the beginning.
Either you or they have the wrong information.
Explain that they should waive any diagnostic or minimum shop charges as you have already paid it once.
Yep my Type O it's p0456 & P0457 sometimes one or the other sometimes both and usually if I set to go deeper I do get the P0007 for high fuel preasure. heath has prevented me from dealing with this sooner.
but next time I'm in Columbia, TN my nearest dealer at 40 Miles I'll stop in and see if they won't take a look for free since I paid already. it's been awhile so I don't have my hopes up but never hurts to ask.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
Generally dealer shop work is warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles. It should state this right on your receipt.
I would call to say that the code is back, just to get your 'foot in the door' and give them a heads-up that you will be returning with the truck for service. Bring your old receipt with you to your appointment. If you are out of the warranty, ask to speak with the service manager about how to handle this.
Fault code P0007 does not apply to your truck and may be a software version number or something. It is not listed as a possible fault code for your truck. Some non-Chrysler code readers may give false OBD II information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts