Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Im new to this site but not to mopars. I am rebuilding my dads 98 dodge ram pickup truck( i know not the coolest ride around but it was his, he passed away last year) from the ground up. I am wanting to build this as reliable daily driver with some @#$. Im hoping to recieve some help on ideas with the magnum engine. To me they are great building ground but I am still learning all the ins and outs about them. Any ideas on heads, pistons, cam setup, fuel injection would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. As of right now i am planning on going with a set of magnum Indy x heads. As far as the intake goes I'm working on something special. So I'm not gonna worry about that until all the final machine work is done on it. I will be running a set of headers on the truck. And the block will be baked bored honed and balanced. I'm just looking for cam ideas and piston ideas. Oh I'm only going .030 over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can honestly say I haven't thought that far ahead on the transmission yet. I haven't ever built a motor and bolted it to an automatic. Ill definitely keep that one in mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im definetly looking for quite a bit of torque. The truck has 3.55 gears in it right now. I will be changing them out for a set of 3.92 gears. I would go all the way up to 4.10 but I'm not planning in putting 37" tires on it. Not sure of my exact rpm ranges yet. Ive never been one for building a low rpm engine for a truck unless it was a cummins for pulling. I used to do a lot of mud racing and when the other guys where out there with there 460's and valves floating. I always stayed with a 318 screaming high r's. They always treated me right. But I'm not looking to get 7,000 rpm outa this motor either so I'm in a new learning curve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.