Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://m.detnews.com/updates/article?a=2013306280087&f=1208

Commercial production of the all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee began earlier this week in Toledo, and Jeep brand president Mike Manley said the midsize sport utility vehicle will begin arriving in showrooms in August.

Manley said issues with fit and finish that had slowed the launch of this important new vehicle have been worked out, and he said the replacement for the Jeep Liberty would begin shipping in volume this fall.

"We wouldn't go into commercial launch unless we were in the right stage to go into commercial launch," Manley told reporters at a press event here Friday.

Manley dismissed suggestions that this has been a particularly problematic launch for the company.

"You always get issues when you go into production of a new vehicle," he said. "All-new vehicles are more complex than carry-over platforms."

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Chrysler continues taking care of the fit and finish in every product they offer, because of that we might have in the near future not just a refresh of the next LX cars, it will be deeper.
Those vehicles are still far from being what we need, there are some new products that they are already having much better fit and finish, like the all new Impala. Chryslers target is still the Lexus, and we are far from even coming close to the Lexus, but a lot of changes are already coming in every plant, we must improve, real changes will be seen early next year.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Mr.Source said:
Chrysler continues taking care of the fit and finish in every product they offer, because of that we might have in the near future not just a refresh of the next LX cars, it will be deeper.
Those vehicles are still far from being what we need, there are some new products that they are already having much better fit and finish, like the all new Impala. Chryslers target is still the Lexus, and we are far from even coming close to the Lexus, but a lot of changes are already coming in every plant, we must improve, real changes will be seen early next year.
Welcome back!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Welcome back!
Thank you !!
Paul J. Reed said:
I am hoping that the reason the Dart GT was pushed from April to June were to resolve these kinds of issues.
We had multiple issues, lets see if production and suppliers understood

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had in the back of my mind the lingering issue of whether enough is being done on the Cherokee. I have the intent of seeing the Cherokee when it becomes available and buying if the quality stacks up. I've driven the new Escape and the Sportage so I know what to expect from these two cars, But I've held off purchasing, to drive the Cherokee. New 6, new 9 speed, as Ralph Gilles, said a new paradigm. I have a hunch that they did get it right but I need to see it and drive it first. We'll see...

·
Not THAT guy again!
1,099 Posts
humdrum said:
I had in the back of my mind the lingering issue of whether enough is being done on the Cherokee. I have the intent of seeing the Cherokee when it becomes available and buying if the quality stacks up. I've driven the new Escape and the Sportage so I know what to expect from these two cars, But I've held off purchasing, to drive the Cherokee. New 6, new 9 speed, as Ralph Gilles, said a new paradigm. I have a hunch that they did get it right but I need to see it and drive it first. We'll see...
We are waiting on the Cherokee, the new Rogue, and to see if Honda's new 2.4/CVT makes it into the CRV this year - expecting a refresh. The Cherokee has a leg up on everyone at this point because of the V6 option. I want something to be able to tow a 5x10 trailer with stuff on it, but I won't buy the Cherokee if it rides like the new RAV4 (horribly stiff).

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
I am waiting on the Cherokee as well; I want to see it in person. As I've said before, I'm considering trading for a TrailHawk.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
suzq044 said:
I am waiting on the Cherokee as well; I want to see it in person. As I've said before, I'm considering trading for a TrailHawk.
Trading your Dart?

Mike

·
Registered
718 Posts
suzq044 said:
Saw one driving down the road yesterday. It looks like the front end of a new Ford Escape mated with a Durango rear end. Much larger than I thought it would be.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Mike V. said:
Trading your Dart?

Mike
Thinking about it. I need something that I wont worry about the paint on. I live on a Gravel road.. I am also considering "rally-fying" my Dart though, and covering it in clear plasti-dip.

·
Registered
88 Posts
3M has a spray can applied clear coat for chip protection that can be pealed off when desired. I have not used it yet, but it is getting a lot of advertising exposure. Maybe a temporary protection option for areas on Suzq044's Dart. Iknow the effects of gravel roads and driveways!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
There's clear plasti-dip too. Which I got; I just haven't had the time between rain to clean my car & put it on. o_O

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
suzq044 said:
There's clear plasti-dip too. Which I got; I just haven't had the time between rain to clean my car & put it on. o_O
The 3M stuff is like plasti-dip, same with the Armor-all version. Llumar, 3M, and Xpel also offer excellent clear films that can be installed over the paint. It lasts much longer than the spray on types.

It's more expensive to go with a film, but you get what you pay for.

Mike

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Can't wait to see one in person. I like the Cherokee. Interior looks great. Excellent feature list that should dominate the class. Maybe Jeep will get it's third rock star.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
I hope so. I'm actually looking forward to checking it out. If only I could get a job between now & then to handle the payments. o_O
(since I'm guessing Jace [originally valued @ ~26k ]is going to be about 10k less than the TrailHawk on trade-in)

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
The Number is 50.

The Other Number is 204.

What are the Questions ?

TMD

:innocent:

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
The Number is 50.

The Other Number is 204.

What are the Questions ?

TMD

:innocent:
just a guess:

How many Cherokees are coming down the line each day?

What is the hp of the 2.4 in the Cherokee?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts